The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Shane Doan is the Perfect Solution for the Vancouver Canucks

Velleman

Well Shane Doan adds the grit and scoring we need. I would like to see this on a 1-2 year deal hopefully within the 4-5 million range. Then we just need Booth and Kesler to live up to the hype around them. Doan is a dirty player, but he gets the job done and makes teams scared of his line which is what we need.

Parenteau may or may not be good. He is 28 and just showed up this past season. He is on the softer side and doesnt have a knack for the net. Seems like a Raymond replacement that can pass to which i say PASS.

I'm not sure about Doan, he's the guy in Pheonix yet the past 3 seasons hes only put up 50 points and 20 goals. I know he brings other intangibles but for over 4 million I don't know if his production is worth it when a guy like Tootoo will be less and might be considered more "moneyball".

The thing I like the most about him is that it wouldn't be a long term situation; 2 or 3 seasons, tops. By then Jensen will definately be ready along with perhaps a couple others. This is a perfect situation for Vancouver. He's still capable of putting up good points and would definately help to bring back the old Kesler. I like it.

If we can't land him....I'd take Semin. We are all about winning now, and this guy could be our Mogilny. Who cares if his defensive game isn't up to snuff. That's why we have defence in the first place,something we also need to improve upon this off-season.

Bottom line: Semin is a game changer, and his talents should not be over-looked come July 1st.

Another souless player, the last thing we need is Semin. Doan yes, meat and potaoes, Big body canadian boy. Semin no, fist time he feels like he's being challenged, he's on the first poorly maintained airbus headed to the KHL. You want a winning team, stop with the money chasing players, nobody wants that cup more than the Canadian kid who has been playing, for it since he was 6 years old, in his driveway.

Do *not* want Semin. The guy has amazing skills, but is not what we need effort-wise.

I've been advocating for Doan for quite some time now - he would be the perfect fit with our team. However, unlike the article, I would like to see him on the top line instead, and drop Burrows down to the 2nd. I think that is a place Burrows is better suited for, he already has shown chemistry with Kesler, and it would drop his point totals a bit to perhaps get a better deal at the end of the year when his contract is up for renewal.

On the other hand, a big presence like Doan gives the Sedins more room to do their magic, and he is not a liability when it comes to getting the puck in the net either.

I think Renelsisc is nearly dead-on with what would be a good lineup, but I would switch Doan to the top line and try him out there, and I'm not certain that we would have enough money to also sign both Garrison and Schultz. I think we should re-sign Salo for 1 more year to shore up the extra spot.

If we can't land him....I'd take Semin. We are all about winning now, and this guy could be our Mogilny. Who cares if his defensive game isn't up to snuff. That's why we have defence in the first place,something we also need to improve upon this off-season.

Bottom line: Semin is a game changer, and his talents should not be over-looked come July 1st.

Archived