The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Shane Doan is the Perfect Solution for the Vancouver Canucks

Velleman

One of the main reasons I would want Doan is for his passion, and grit. He plays with such passion and the fact he has been with PHX this past few years (and his whole career really) really shows how he is such a class act. He has believed in PHX, and now I think it's time he signs with us and believes in Vancouver ;)

Another thing to note about him is he isn't afraid to stand up for team-mates, and he's been the star player with PHX for 5+ years now. Not many players that are 'stars' or considered the face of their respective franchises drop the gloves and protect other players (at least from what i can see)

This is the REAL Shane Doan ..

.. three games

.. later hit than Rome

.. way late and dangerous play on a totally vulnerable player

.. Doan should have got 5 games for that elbow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVlunmF9bVc .. another sucker hit on a player in a vulnerable position

There is such a pattern to Doan .. he hits a lot of vulnerable players and like to use his elbow/shoulder

Be careful what you wish for Canuck "fans" .. getting Doan could be a real "riot" .. :P

Doan doesn't fit with Gillis or MY plans.............Unless his name is Perry, Kane, Backes, Clowe or Stewart, I am not interested. I agree with post above Doan is a liability ............and he is too old for my liking.

I could be persuaded to consider some alternatives to above...........but Doan is not one of them.

Another souless player, the last thing we need is Semin. Doan yes, meat and potaoes, Big body canadian boy. Semin no, fist time he feels like he's being challenged, he's on the first poorly maintained airbus headed to the KHL. You want a winning team, stop with the money chasing players, nobody wants that cup more than the Canadian kid who has been playing, for it since he was 6 years old, in his driveway.

"Renelsisc"

Sedins - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Doan

Higgins - Manny - Hansen

Prust - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Schultz - Tanev - Salo

I agree with u 100% and this line up looks the most attainable. MG absolutely must make a big splash this year and picking up Doan and Garrison would be huge for this team. MG needs to not worry about getting a huge return for Lui and maybe settle for Garrison and some picks + another roster player/prospect. Getting that ridiculous contract off their books will be worth its weight in gold. I feel very comfortable with Schneids and Lack as the goaltending duo.

Prust on our 4th line would add some much needed toughness will Weise and Kassian develop into true NHLers. His battles with Rypien were epic

Carkner is even testing free agency and even though i doubt Gillis will go for him he wud be a perfect addition for protecting the Sedins. Absolutely no one would mess with them ever again with that guy on our team thats for sure

Most likely he resigns in Phoenix. He's probably just going to get a feel for what he's worth on the market, then see what Phoenix will offer him.

He's not a pure playmaker that a lot of people want for the second line, but he's sure one hell of a worker on those boards. I can see him easily playing on Kes' wing and going to the dirty areas.

He's pretty similar to Higgins.

I'd rather see Doan play with the twins on the first line. Can score, set-up and just crash the crease like nobody's business. I watched him closely in the playoffs and he was a bull creating all sorts of havoc for the goalies and d-men in front of the opposition net. And with him on the ice, there will be no liberties taken with the twins. I can't recall the opposition but there was one game during this years playoffs where one of his linemates was getting abused and Doan came in and destroyed the other guy. He took a penalty but sent the message.

We need a guy like this!!

Archived