The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lapierre as 3rd line center?

Bananas

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's that? Hamhuis, our best defensive guy right now is that bad defensively? Even Bieksa, with his risk taking and mistakes in his own end, is not really that bad to say they couldn't play shutdown with the 3rd line as a pairing.

They're more likely to play with the 2nd line and have Edler/Salo (or whoever takes Salo's minutes this year: Tanev, Garrison, Schultz, another player) play with the 1st.

I would like to use him on the 4th, and bulid a 4th line that actually helps us in the playoffs, and build it around him.

I think we could get a good 3rd line center, who is considered kind of a 2nd/3rd tweener, then that way if something happens he can fill that role.

I think we may have an extra winger or two after free agency and trading Luongo, so if that's the case then we can use those assets to get us a center to fill that role.

^ This guy knows what's up

Lappy put up only 2 points less in the regular season and score more goals. Stoll scored 6 goals in the regular season and 2 in the playoffs. Lappy scored 9 in the regular... I am not sure why these people think he isn't good enough to be 3rd line center. If you guys remember he played 3rd line C in our cup run on a NEW TEAM and put up the same amount of points as Stoll did this year (Granted he did play 5 more games but still new team and his linemates were Torres, and Hansen, and Hansen had hands of stone that year)

Even so, Hansen isn't exactly the toughest guy out there..

Bieksa - Hamhuis probably wouldn't play with the 3rd line, unless they were double shifting or something.. They usually play with the Sedins, since they're that bad defensively

I think Lapierre would make an excellent third-line center, he has the speed and the checking ability and is good enough on faceoffs although not great. Unless Malhotra can return to his pre-injury form I expect Lapierre will be in that spot this season. With, say, Hansen and Raymond on the wings that unit would have a ton of speed and can play a forecheck-intensive game while still being able to get back quickly if necessary. And if they're in the defending zone they always have the speed to break out.

Edler usually plays the Sedins, along with whoever he is paired with.

HERP A DERP DERP.

However, Raymond SUCKS and should NOT be on a cup contending team... so I agree, ???? / Schroeder / Hansen is fine, as long as that winger has some size. I am okay with Higgins being in that slot.

^ This guy knows what's up

Lappy put up only 2 points less in the regular season and score more goals. Stoll scored 6 goals in the regular season and 2 in the playoffs. Lappy scored 9 in the regular... I am not sure why these people think he isn't good enough to be 3rd line center. If you guys remember he played 3rd line C in our cup run on a NEW TEAM and put up the same amount of points as Stoll did this year (Granted he did play 5 more games but still new team and his linemates were Torres, and Hansen, and Hansen had hands of stone that year)

I'd keep him as a 4th line center who would easily replace the 3rd line C in case of injury/poor performance.

Lappy is good, but he doesn't really have that offensive touch. (Unless he's playing with the Sedins)

Last 5 Cup Winning Team's 3rd Line C: Stoll, Kelly, Bolland, Staal, Filppula

Lappy doesn't compare to any of them, in terms of his offense.

Management should understand that Cup wining teams have 3rd line centres who can put the puck in the net. Scoring depth is extremely important. I have always advocated Cody playing 3rd line centre despite the fact that he isn't your typical 3rd line shut down centre guy. We have more than capable defensive centremen like Kesler Manny and Lappy. Pahlsson wasn't the answer we needed last year.

Many of you probably don't know much about Leafs' Grabovsky. He is small but skilled and plays hard every game. I wish we can get him in a trade with Toronto. He will give us the scoring depth down the middle that we will need to seriously compete for the Cup.

Management should understand that Cup wining teams have 3rd line centres who can put the puck in the net. Scoring depth is extremely important. I have always advocated Cody playing 3rd line centre despite the fact that he isn't your typical 3rd line shut down centre guy. We have more than capable defensive centremen like Kesler Manny and Lappy. Pahlsson wasn't the answer we needed last year.

Many of you probably don't know much about Leafs' Grabovsky. He is small but skilled and plays hard every game. I wish we can get him in a trade with Toronto. He will give us the scoring depth down the middle that we will need to seriously compete for the Cup.

I like the way Lappy plays and steps up but I don't see him fufilling that role full time. He doesn't seem to have the consistency there when he plays for an extended period of time. Also, AV wouldn't keep him there I don't think unless MG tells him that's how it's going to go. I would have to say no.

Archived