The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lapierre as 3rd line center?

Bananas

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just wondering what a lot of people think about this;

From what I have seen of Maxim Lapierre, I am more and more glad we traded for him (and Higgins) 2 years ago. Lapierre has shown, quite regularly, that he can step up his game when necessary. I feel that he has the ability to center the 3rd line for this team, assuming we don't sign someone better.

Signing a true 3rd line center would be great, giving us guys like Lappy and Malhotra waiting as depth. However, in my humble opinion, I am under the impression that a 3rd line center is not a big hole on this team at the moment. It's an area we COULD improve on, but really don't need to.

There's always the chance that Malhotra returns to form.

At any rate, what do you think?

I'd keep him as a 4th line center who would easily replace the 3rd line C in case of injury/poor performance.

Lappy is good, but he doesn't really have that offensive touch. (Unless he's playing with the Sedins)

Last 5 Cup Winning Team's 3rd Line C: Stoll, Kelly, Bolland, Staal, Filppula

Lappy doesn't compare to any of them, in terms of his offense.

In the postseason he can step it up and become the 3rd line center as we've seen previously in our 10-11 cup run. If possible I'd rather see us get a more offensively talented 3rd line center but it isn't a main priority at this point. If he doesn't pan out, we've got Malhotra and Schroeder as options, maybe even Gaunce if he surprises out of camp and proves to be NHL ready.

No.

And Malhotra didn't show up for that role either last year. 4th liners, both of them. Malhotra of the two being a big overpayment.

Time for Jordan Schroeder to get a shot at that spot. Something in the line of Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen or something... or Jensen on the wing instead of Raymond, if he can crack the roster this year.

No.

And Malhotra didn't show up for that role either last year. 4th liners, both of them. Malhotra of the two being a big overpayment.

Time for Jordan Schroeder to get a shot at that spot. Something in the line of Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen or something... or Jensen on the wing instead of Raymond, if he can crack the roster this year.

I'd keep him as a 4th line center who would easily replace the 3rd line C in case of injury/poor performance.

Lappy is good, but he doesn't really have that offensive touch. (Unless he's playing with the Sedins)

Last 5 Cup Winning Team's 3rd Line C: Stoll, Kelly, Bolland, Staal, Filppula

Lappy doesn't compare to any of them, in terms of his offense.

Maybe so. But you left Hansen out of the line on purpose to make a point about nothing.

A full line, for example Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen with Hamhuis - Bieksa on D. Suddenly it don't sound that soft. More like fast and full of energy w. a tough backend to it...

<_<

I said yes, but having options with Manny and even Higgins and Schroeder getting time there depending on who's hot will absolutely be necessary if we don't bring in anyone else as a center. I can see Gaunce getting his 9 games due to Kesler's injury and Mallet getting a long look in pre-season, so it'll be interesting to see who steps up.

Even so, Hansen isn't exactly the toughest guy out there..

Bieksa - Hamhuis probably wouldn't play with the 3rd line, unless they were double shifting or something.. They usually play with the Sedins, since they're that bad defensively

Archived