The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Latest StraightJAB (Canuck Hang-ups))

OFFSIDEsports

Actually I remember that era:

Bure has a hang up on LInden

first Bure has a personality problem if he would have come in here and was humble like a Bobby Orr or Even Linden

Things would have went better for him. He projected a sense of errogance and its about me not the team.

I like Bure when he was here but I can see the problem when he blames Linden for being treated better it is such a sign of

its about me....

You think he would have grown out of that mentality by now...Linden was on the team before Bure got there and had a lot more experience in the NHL at that time. Jealousy can really create a monster of its own.

Bure did not even want to sign signatures for fans...Its all about attitude and I believe if he was alittle more like Linden, Naslund and or Bobby Orr he would have been hanging from the Rafters in Vancouver..

I loved what he brought to the ice day in and day out but things happen unfortunately!!

He really has to get over his hate for Linden..If Linden made a comment during that time about bure I bet it was true unfortunately the truth hurts.

Yes he should be I bet the canucks have asked him on several occasions but Bure probably said if Linden is there I wil not be...

Linden was a wonderful captain for us Bure just had to grow up but he did not and threw a tempertantrum to get posted out..

I would really like to talk to Mike Gillis to find out how wrong all this is really....

Not to many of the young fans really remember Bure attitude back then cause they werent there....I remember he hated meeting with fans, he probably did not volunteer and it was all about him...

Yes I would like him to be retired in vancouver but I know the reason why he wasnt and that is not how our team works now..you have to care for your team mates, the team, coaches and owners...Have heart in the personality not just I am better so I should be treated better....

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think Bure should be in the rafters. Jersey retirement isn't simply on ice performance, like the HHOF, it's the entire package. What you did on the ice, off and ice, in the community and for the fans. Unfortunately Bure doesn't fall into the same mold as Smyl, Linden or Naslund. Anyone who holds out and demands a trade should not be recognized in the rafters in my humble opinion. That being said, Bure is one of my fav players of all-time.

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think Bure should be in the rafters. Jersey retirement isn't simply on ice performance, like the HHOF, it's the entire package. What you did on the ice, off and ice, in the community and for the fans. Unfortunately Bure doesn't fall into the same mold as Smyl, Linden or Naslund. Anyone who holds out and demands a trade should not be recognized in the rafters in my humble opinion. That being said, Bure is one of my fav players of all-time.

Wetcoaster's explanation of the whole Bure/Canucks situation has been posted in the /topic/331886-should-bures-10-be-retiredbe-in-the-ring-of-honour/">Should Bure's #10 be retired/be in the Ring of Honour? thread, post #190, as well as being re-posted in a couple of other threads . Didn't think it should be posted in here in the Latest Straight JAB thread as Bure's situation with the Canucks is not what this thread is about.

Great work as usual, OP!

Isn't this exactly what this thread is about, Bure's situation with the Canucks? The OP's piece is discussing how former Canuck greats all believe Bure's jersey should be in the rafters. This naturally begs the question, "why isn't Bure's jersey in the rafters"?

The answer to that question is entirely based on Bure's situation with the Canucks.

Yes he should be I bet the canucks have asked him on several occasions but Bure probably said if Linden is there I wil not be...

Linden was a wonderful captain for us Bure just had to grow up but he did not and threw a tempertantrum to get posted out..

I would really like to talk to Mike Gillis to find out how wrong all this is really....

Not to many of the young fans really remember Bure attitude back then cause they werent there....I remember he hated meeting with fans, he probably did not volunteer and it was all about him...

Yes I would like him to be retired in vancouver but I know the reason why he wasnt and that is not how our team works now..you have to care for your team mates, the team, coaches and owners...Have heart in the personality not just I am better so I should be treated better....

Nice job on the SJ. :)

You know, he actually wasn't that way to all fans and this pic of him with my son is testament to that (doesn't look like a guy hating the moment?!). Met him more than once and, honestly, he was cordial, pleasant and polite. Curious...did you ever meet him or are you simply reiterating what others have said fabricated?

IMG_9495Copying.jpg

I don't really agree with retiring jersey numbers... If I were the player, just to see my jersey raised to the rafters and be honoured would be good enough for me... If someone wanted to use my number, I would be thrilled and excited (especially if they are wearing it because of me. I would feel so honoured)...

Nice job on the SJ. :)

You know, he actually wasn't that way to all fans and this pic of him with my son is testament to that (doesn't look like a guy hating the moment?!). Met him more than once and, honestly, he was cordial, pleasant and polite. Curious...did you ever meet him or are you simply reiterating what others have said fabricated?

IMG_9495Copying.jpg

Archived