Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] J.Bernier Has Asked To Be Traded

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#31 SpursCanuck

SpursCanuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

I can see Bernier or Nabakov ending up in chicago !
Posted Image

#32 winterhawks

winterhawks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

I could see New Jersey and Edmonton being good options. They dont have to rush him next season but he will get more games and be given a chance to take over the starting roll soon.
download (1)

Ottawa Senators GM

CDCGML 

#33 Nicklasjensen46

Nicklasjensen46

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Jersey will be a front runner on him IMO...different conferences, ageing goalie.

My 2012 Canucks
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Hodgson
Sturm Malhotra Hansen
Sammuelson Lapiere Oreskovich

Hamhuis Bieska
Edler Salo
Tanev Ballard
Luongo Schnieder

#34 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,249 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Lindback not looking so great anymore, eh Yzerman.

#35 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

If I was Dean Lombardi I would trade Bernier to the Maple Leafs for a 2nd round draft pick or a young defenceman. Most of the Kings D - Core is getting pretty old.

lolwhut?

The Kings only have 2 D that are above 30 years old, Mitchell and Scuderi. Greene is 29.

Doughty and Voynov are both just 22, and Martinez is 24. So half of their D are under 24.

#36 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

lolwhut?

The Kings only have 2 D that are above 30 years old, Mitchell and Scuderi. Greene is 29.

Doughty and Voynov are both just 22, and Martinez is 24. So half of their D are under 24.

Hickey in the system as well.

Bernier + pick for RJ Umberger to replace Penner?

Not buying Bob as a starter.

Edited by KeslerownsIginla, 28 June 2012 - 05:54 PM.

You will always be on our mind and in our heart. RIP Luc!

John Garrett after a brutal pass by Olli Jokinen:

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#37 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 14,547 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hickey in the system as well.

Bernier + pick for RJ Umberger to replace Penner?

Not buying Bob as a starter.

Forbort too.

I see Bernier going to Clb in a deal for Nash and Mason going to TO for something like Kulemin and Blacker.

Edited by theminister, 28 June 2012 - 06:14 PM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#38 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

Bernier to Toronto e4.

:bigblush:

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL  medium.png - CDCFL

#39 HockeyHobo73

HockeyHobo73

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Let's pick up Bernier so then we can add to the goalie controversy... Also, if we snatch up all of the good goalies on the market, then Toronto can be stuck with its garbage they have in net =)

I put my money on Columbus getting Bernier... They have made trades in the recent past and Columbus has more appealing assets than Toronto that will fit the King's needs better..

#40 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 78,286 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

@SportsnetSpec
An issue with Jonathan Bernier, teams don't have full reports, as he's played so little. Scouts not sure of abilities.

307mg00.jpg

#41 TheGhostOfRazor

TheGhostOfRazor

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Bobrovsky is a backup, he couldn't be a starter on a stacked team like the Flyers when they desperately needed a goalie.

I woulld say the fact they gave up a 2nd and (2) 4ths...the Jackets think otherwise. Flawed thinking or not. (I'm still baffled by the price they paid for Bobrovsky).
Busy cultivating useless good taste.
Posted Image

#42 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,624 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Apparently Steve Mason didn't say hi last year.

He was definitely high last year.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#43 GM

GM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

before Schneider got signed I was hoping NJ would be interested in him and be willing to give up Larsson.

Something like Schneider+Tanev+2nd for Larsson+4th.

#44 Scruffy05

Scruffy05

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

Dont blame him... The kings just gave him 58 million reasons why he wasn't wanted...
You did something because it had always been done, and the explanation was "but we've always done it this way." A million dead people can't have been wrong, can they?

-- (Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant)

#45 Scruffy05

Scruffy05

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

Bernier to Toronto

The last time Toronto traded for the backup with potential from California went well, right Toskala?
You did something because it had always been done, and the explanation was "but we've always done it this way." A million dead people can't have been wrong, can they?

-- (Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant)

#46 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 78,286 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

Kings' Jonathan Bernier not on the block? http://bit.ly/N0szqt

307mg00.jpg

#47 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

@andystrickland: #LAKings havent been satisfied with Jonathan Bernier offers...told they're hoping for 1st round pick

A 1st round pick? :lol:

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#48 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Bernier seems like a guy who will turn out to be one of those guys who is a starter but not a top level one. The type of starter that ends up in the bottom third of starters. I think anyone that decides to take a chance on him is just looking to get by, not to make tending a strength of their team.

This is correct, but his asking price should be lower than luongo's so it wouldnt surprise me if teams thinking of lou go this route instead.
With Broduer testing free agency and now Bernier on the market I think it will stretch out the luongo trade here in Vancouver.
Though imo it wont take long for the bernier trade to happen. Chicago, toronto and NJ (if broduer ends up elsewhere). Bernier will not want to go somewhere else to be a backup. He could go to florida as well if they dont pickup broduer.
Lou is the highest profile and will demand the highest price so he will be the hardest to trade.
GOD BE PRAISED

#49 Jordan Subban

Jordan Subban

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Bernier could end up in CBJ. They have a trading history with Carter and Johnson. CBJ needs a goalie and Bernier could be it.

They got Bobrovsky now Bernier is not needed there
Posted ImageCredit to _-_ -_

#50 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

Makes sense. Young goaltender who i guess at one point was hoping to beat Quick out of the no.1 spot.

Hope the best for him.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#51 EternalCanuckFan

EternalCanuckFan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

Bernier will still only be an RFA after next season right? I imagine that the Kings will hold on to him for the time being and ask him to suck it up and be a backup while they try to work something out.

The Kings can't be in any rush to trade him. The return for Bernier right now can't be too high and they're not in any immediate danger of losing him for nothing. They also get to keep a cheap backup for Quick. It's in Bernier's best interest to stay and play a bit more with the Kings too (assuming he does get any starts...) in order to increase his value and gain interest from other teams.

I would be surprised to see Bernier dealt in the near future.

Of course, I could be totally wrong and the Kings might be eager to ship him out.

#52 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

i think Chicago will be all over this.

#53 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,449 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

He has potential ... but goalies are a bit like Russian roulette, don't you think?

#54 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

He has potential ... but goalies are a bit like Russian roulette, don't you think?

Steve Mason's and Andrew Raycroft's Calder Trophies corroborate!
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#55 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

I think New Jersey would be the perfect for for Bernier.
Posted Image

#56 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

i can see CHI and TOR being most likely...

the hawks need a talented, cost-effective goaltender to get back into playoff form... if the asking price isn't to high i really see him in chicago... and the leafs? well, insert the same crap trades we've been hearing in the luo-capades, minus a first round
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#57 NastiMarvasti

NastiMarvasti

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

The thing with Bernier is that he needs to play every night to show his true self. He's not a guy who excels at playing once every couple of weeks. The one time he played consecutive games for the Kings was when Quick became a dad two years ago and Bernier was lights out winning all 3 games while recording 1 shutout. He's excelled at every level he's played in and has done everything asked of him by Kings management.

He was on the opening night roster in '07-08 and was sent down to the AHL a few games in. He pouted and got a good talking to from management about how he needs to mature both physically and mentally. He struggled early on because he was still upset about being sent down. The next year, the Kings called up Quick midway through the season after trading Labarbera to the Canucks. Lombardi said that the reason he called up Quick over Bernier was because he had paid his dues and was slightly older. No one thought Quick would turn out the way he has. Bernier spent the next season as the number 1 in Manchester and was the top goalie in the league. He had gotten over the demotion. Eventually Bernier was called up to backup Quick. Being back in LA, it was obvious that Bernier had matured and was happy to fight for the number 1 job rather than it being handed to him. Unfortunately for him, Quick was already getting more starts because he was the number 1 already and he just kept improving so there was no reason to play Bernier more than in a back up role. Not Bernier's fault at all.

This mental maturity that Bernier went through in his time in Manchester and as a back up in LA is so underrated. There is a difference in mental toughness for players (especially goalies) who don't have things handed to them as opposed to the ones who do. This is why I believe Luongo to be mentally weak. Bernier was chosen with the 11th overall pick and has done nothing to diminish his value. He's mature, has the benefit of watching what it takes to win a Stanley Cup from up close, and has amazing talent. His style is the complete opposite of Quick's. More patient and less athletic. He almost looks like he's not putting any effort in to make the save. He will be a number 1 goalie wherever he ends up and he'll likely excel like he's done at every level.

First round pick, minimum.

Edited by NastiMarvasti, 30 June 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#58 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

First round pick, minimum.

I sincerely doubt they'll get a 1st round pick for him. Maybe another player who was a 1st rounder and is still a work in progress (Hodgson for Kassian type of thing).

#59 ninja321

ninja321

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

I see him going to NJ. Brodeur will mentor him and he'll take over the starting job when he retires.
Posted Image
Sig and Avatar by Me :)

#60 RXnucks975

RXnucks975

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

I sincerely doubt they'll get a 1st round pick for him. Maybe another player who was a 1st rounder and is still a work in progress (Hodgson for Kassian type of thing).

You never know he is still one of the best young goalies in the league and could have a bright future if he doesn't find him self in a toxic situation like CBJ's or a team that is a huge ?mark like EDM...NYJ could be a very nice fit but I would not want to be the goalie to step in after Marty Brodeur

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.