The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

People keep saying that Schneider said that - but feel free to provide a quote.

I don't think there is any game going on - it is clear that Gillis has committed to Cory - and that he is doing his best to accommodate Luongo and cut a deal with Florida.

The speculation about trades is fine - but putting words in players mouths - ie. Luongo said he'd only go to Florida (false), Schneider said he woudln't sign until Luongo is traded (false) - that is the stuff that is weak.

Couple of things:

- WHAT is up with this thread being in the signings/rumours section?? This is prime Canucks Talk. I almost totally didn't even notice this signing because I'd never think to come to this section - all the real news is always in Canucks Talk.

- For those complaining that three years it too short, don't worry. Once it's time to sign him again, Gillis and AV can offer him the captaincy, at least for a couple of years.

- When Luongo played his first season with the Canucks, I felt there is no way he will finish his career without a Stanley Cup. I still feel that way about him, and I feel like Schneider is still unproven as a #1, but a solid goalie. It'll be a really interesting yeah ahead! Luongo does have some wear and tear - never the same since his groin injuries, so I like the fact we look like we're getting younger and healthier in net

Unless a deal with Lou to Florida in close and the Canucks would only move on it if Cory would "agree in principle" to a deal? Remember Cory has not put pen to paper and it may be because the Lou trade hinges in it. Lou is in FL by the weekend and Cory signs the deal on the weekend as well.

Couple of things:

- WHAT is up with this thread being in the signings/rumours section?? This is prime Canucks Talk. I almost totally didn't even notice this signing because I'd never think to come to this section - all the real news is always in Canucks Talk.

MG said we'll be happy, well I for one am not happy about this. 4 mil is too much for a guy that's never played a full season.

Worst of all, it looks as if Lu will be traded now, which would screw this team over pretty badly. You can mark my words on that.

MG said we'll be happy, well I for one am not happy about this. 4 mil is too much for a guy that's never played a full season.

Worst of all, it looks as if Lu will be traded now, which would screw this team over pretty badly. You can mark my words on that.

He obviously forfeited the NTC in order to either get a higher salary or less term, whichever he wanted.

The possibility is still there to trade him if someone offers him a deal he can`t refuse, but I think it`s clear who he has chosen as the number 1.

I would love to see the reaction of alot of people on here if he turned around and traded Schneider though. CDC would explode.

Archived