The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

..and nobody's considered they are both staying for now. This is the year of under-rating goal tending. I believe they will both stay for the season opener. I hope so. Both are deserving, and if they can stand not being "the guy" for a little longer... we have more than a good shot next year with the right FA signings. #goaliehoarders #goaliegraveyardhoax #signbernier

My views differ from yours.

Luongo knows all of the players on our team well and it would give him the upper hand.

Plus we have never played against him with our main core in a game. Who knows if the results will be different or not?

Luongo - can't play in the afternoon, chokes in the Wild, Blackhawks and Boston arenas. Has taken periods of time off during the season to see his wife in Florida, which after 6 years refuses to move to Vancouver. Has a horrendous shootout record and has cataclysmal chokes in the playoffs. Luongo has also patented the flop move, which enables him to go from a 6 foot goalie to a 1 foot goalie instantaniously.

Schneider - 26, plays whenever, no wife or family to worry about and has yet to show a flaw in his game. He has a degree and is extremely intelligent and mature.

I'll take Schneider anyday.

Interesting timing. To me it means, a Lu deal is pretty close (if not already) done. If he was still 'working' on a Lu deal, Gillis would likely have postponed this Schneider news as long as possible. Since Gillis announced it well before July 1, and well before he was open to offer sheets, I think we'll hear about about Lu deal soon.

I know this is typical of a Canucks fan but now that Luongo basically has one foot out the door, I'm starting to freak out a bit. Watching some of these tribute videos that people have put together makes me realize how much he's been through with this Canucks organization. From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows. Hard to picture him tending goal anywhere but here.

Huh? I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not? Why can't you like both goalies and people? Luongo's been great. Schnieder has been a PERFECT backup so far and did what young guys should do -- he forced management to reevaluate. Lu handled everything with class and professionalism while having another strong year.

What's not to like about both guys?

Archived