The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

I really thought the Canucks are stuck with Luongo for like 10 more years! I am happy that the Canucks are headed into the right direction!!!!

Luongo, thanks for your services and wish you the best elsewhere except when you are playing the Canucks!

Twitter

Corey Snyder@CoreySnyder35

I've got 12 Million Problems and a Lu ain't one! Haha

Corey Snyder@CoreySnyder35

$12 Million means never having to wipe with one ply again.

That is why I want him in FLA so we only play each other once. But yeah I have liked Lu and been a fan of his since his FLA days, and comming here he will always be my favourite goalie and one of my favourite Canucks.... That is if he is gone!

Funny lou Tweeted that Cory will be a star is this league and not directly a star with the canucks.I'm a big fan of Cory over lou but any chance Cory is worth even more now he's locked in and the canucks are gonna hit a homerun trading him and keeping lou.Very far fetched idea I know but anything is possible.

I'm kind of surprised at the terms. 12 mill for 4 years is about right .. 12 mill for 3. If Schneids agree to a contract before the competition starts on July 1st, I expected it to be in the $3-3.5 mill range.

Only good thing was that it wasn't $60 mill for 11 years or something stupid like that.

Great signing! DeSchneid is back in business! Pretty fair contract, actually think we got him at a bit of a bargain because I think he could have gotten more if he hit the market (look at Pavelec and the Jets).

Guess that means Lou's time in Vancouver is over. Thanks for everything Roberto, and best of luck to you and your family wherever you may go.

Archived