The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

The funny thing is how many people were saying the opposite - the Schneider wouldn't sign until Luooo is traded.

I think they completely missed the tone of Liut/Schneider's actual comments.

I love the knee-jerk in Toronto - next for the myth makers - Brodeur to Toronto... muahahaha

A lot of people said that when Luongo signed with us.

I just hope this fan base doesn't turn retarded again and run Schneider out of town in 3 or 4 years..but I see that I'm asking maybe a bit too much.

He's obviously referring to the fact that Vancouver "fans" harass every goalie who ever plays for us.

Not just goalies...

Fans have issues with lot of former Canucks.

Luongo... "fans" turned on him

Naslund... "fans" turned on him

Bertuzzi... "fans" turned on him

Cloutier... "fans" turned on him

Cooke... "fans" kind of turned on him

Messier... OK never mind bad example lol

Bure... "fans" turned on him

Is it the fault of all those players or our "fans"?

You are full of s*** fans only turned on Cloutier, messier, and well Lou. Don't know what your thinking with the rest? Sure AFTER they were not a Canuck any more some got booed when they came back but that was nothing to do with how they got treated as Canucks. Quit making up bs and support our new tender.

I know this is typical of a Canucks fan but now that Luongo basically has one foot out the door, I'm starting to freak out a bit. Watching some of these tribute videos that people have put together makes me realize how much he's been through with this Canucks organization. From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows. Hard to picture him tending goal anywhere but here.

You are full of s*** fans only turned on Cloutier, messier, and well Lou. Don't know what your thinking with the rest?  Sure AFTER they were not a Canuck any more some got booed when they came back but that was nothing to do with how they got treated as Canucks.  Quit making up bs and support our new tender.

I know what you mean, the fans took him for granted.. I'm gonna miss this guy, all class and such a great person. All the abuse and things the "fans" put this man through is more than I can comprehend. Then after he leaves they'll put a "we wish you the best" up and that will be that. Schneider will leave after those 3 years are up, this city pins all it's losses onto the goalies. I personally think the team won't ever be the same after he leaves, I hope for the sake of all these fans that we get a cup out of this.

That wasn't ment to be a jab at Lou. Slow seasons starts have been the norm for sometime (whole team). Now that Cory will likely be number one, I'm just curious how they will start this year playing in front of him. Lou has had to endure an ungodly amount of criticism from the fans and media, But none has ever come from me. As for October, I love it. It's the end of the summer heat and the start of a new season of hockey.

Nice to see Cory Schneider suddenly has alot of fan's. When I first joined this board, it seemed I was the only one. How dare I suggest he was actually as good as Luongo..(actually I always thought better, but I just said equal as to not make you guys explode in complete rage.) I am after all a team guy. In spite of that, I dodged all the bullets and flames, and here we are. Congratulations to Cory. I sure hope to see him as our new number one, but I'll believe it when i see it.

Nice to see Cory Schneider suddenly has alot of fan's. When I first joined this board, it seemed I was the only one. How dare I suggest he was actually as good as Luongo..(actually I always thought better, but I just said equal as to not make you guys explode in complete rage.) I am after all a team guy. In spite of that, I dodged all the bullets and flames, and here we are. Congratulations to Cory. I sure hope to see him as our new number one, but I'll believe it when i see it.

Archived