The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

As much heat as Luongo has taken and as well as Schneider has played, it's a bit unsettling to have a changing of the guard in net eh? Luongo was supposed to be here for 12 years. Hard to believe his tenure here is over just like that.

Hopefully Schneidy can carry the torch for this team and take us to the Cup

So Cory is loved as much as Luongo was when he first came here.

Any bets as to how long it takes before fans start tearing him down?

My guess is he'll be gone in 3 years if he struggles at all in the playoffs, due to ungrateful fans, and overly critical media.

Great news for Schneider and the Canucks. Luongo, on the other hand, not so much. Luongo is too competitive to be the bench-warmer.

I'm willing to bet that MG got the Schneider deal done to force Luongo to waive the NTC for a less than ideal team. Basically he can either be the starter somewhere else, or he can play 30-35 games as Schneider's backup.

personally...i'd rather have luongo

reason is because i think the canucks play better in front of schneider because he doesn't have as much experience in big games..

as long as the canucks play well in front of luongo i think the team would be better...

you people may get mad at me for saying this but this is my opinion..:)

reason is because i think the canucks play better in front of schneider because he doesn't have as much experience in big games..

as long as the canucks play well in front of luongo i think the team would be better...

you people may get mad at me for saying this but this is my opinion.. :)

My guess is he'll be gone in 3 years if he struggles at all in the playoffs, due to ungrateful fans, and overly critical media.

you people may get mad at me for saying this but this is my opinion.. :)

Archived