The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

I like many others maybe wrong, but with Schnieder signed at a good contract term at a good price, his trade value just went through the roof. If his value as an RFA wasn't already higher than Lu's it sure is now. But if LU is the one too go, I want him in FLA so it won't be a problem cheering for them as I always was this playoffs.

Everyone thought Kesler's $5 mill was too much and then he went out and scored 41 goals and won the Selke

Sometimes you have to pay for the level of play you expect to get from a player in the future. Schneider has been patient with the Canucks and has waited for his moment. We have to reciprocate by showing him some loyalty too.

Everyone thought Kesler's $5 mill was too much and then he went out and scored 41 goals and won the Selke

Sometimes you have to pay for the level of play you expect to get from a player in the future. Schneider has been patient with the Canucks and has waited for his moment. We have to reciprocate by showing him some loyalty too.

This is great! This contract is not what he's worth right now, but he deserves it anyway for being so patient with the franchise. Not every player will wait til they're 26 before getting a legitimate role on a team! Now we have a good enough team that Schneider doesn't have to steal us games in the playoffs. All he needs to do is not let goals in from behind the goal line or let in 8 goals in a game.

like you, I am not a Lu hater. I am all about what's best for the Canucks, not best for the Canuck FANS. If Cory brings us a piece that makes us closer to the cup than what trading Lu can bring, I'd ship Schneider out in 2 nano-seconds. If I am a GM, I am all about winning, not about pleasing fans who love to run goalies out of town every 5-6 years.

So Cory is loved as much as Luongo was when he first came here.

Any bets as to how long it takes before fans start tearing him down?

My guess is he'll be gone in 3 years if he struggles at all in the playoffs, due to ungrateful fans, and overly critical media.

I dunno if i'm the only one, but i feel a bit uneasy going forward with only Schneider and not having our stalwart goaltender/leader who was always so good during a long 82 game season, and had a few excellent playoff series.

I'm sure Schneider will do well, but it's not guaranteed.

Archived