The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

I dunno if i'm the only one, but i feel a bit uneasy going forward with only Schneider and not having our stalwart goaltender/leader who was always so good. during a long 82 game season, and had a few excellent playoff series.

I'm sure Schneider will do well, but it's not guaranteed.

Schneids is worth it, and he earned it. I say keep both, but everybody believes in the rumors and that they both want to be number one or move. What if they want to give it another go for the cup this year at 50/50 playing time, and our cap will allow it? I say let the naysayers tell us that 4-5mil on the bench is a waste... and see how that works out down the stretch

This is great! This contract is not what he's worth right now, but he deserves it anyway for being so patient with the franchise. Not every player will wait til they're 26 before getting a legitimate role on a team! Now we have a good enough team that Schneider doesn't have to steal us games in the playoffs. All he needs to do is not let goals in from behind the goal line or let in 8 goals in a game.

Interesting timing. To me it means, a Lu deal is pretty close (if not already) done. If he was still 'working' on a Lu deal, Gillis would likely have postponed this Schneider news as long as possible. Since Gillis announced it well before July 1, and well before he was open to offer sheets, I think we'll hear about about Lu deal soon.

Thing is Schnieder played great in the 3 playoff games, unreal numbers but we only managed 1 win because of our lack of offense and the pp. With those numbers, we should have won 2 if not all 3 of the games.

Just saying this clearly shows we need help in offense, and that is why you still gotta trade the goalie that would get you a good player in return. This years free agency is weak, and its not even about cap space anymore becuase Schnied's and LU's cap hit is a difference of 1.3mil. So its obvious trade is our best route to get a good player on this roster.

Even with Schnieder on our team and if he plays well, we will pretty much be the same team that lost to LA with Schnied's in net

How can people say that Luongo has had a better career than Schneider!?

Well yeah he has...because he's older and he's played longer

That's like saying "my 5 year old kid is a failure because he can't count to 100 and my 12 year old can"

Let's give Schneider a chance. There's a good chance he'll be on Team USA in 2014.

Stop hating on Luongo, you freakin' loser!

He is a elite goaltender, 1/3 goalies to take the Canucks to the SCF. He completely changed this franchise around and we are what we are now because of things Luongo has done.

Archived