Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

Signing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
627 replies to this topic

#601 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

Gillis media availability at 12:30pm to discuss Schneider deal. See if he has anything else to add re: July 1 per Jeff Paterson.

Dream day:
Schneider has inked it.
Schultz has made up his mind - he's coming home.
Florida agrees with Jovo and have decided that including an elite prospect as part of the Luongo deal is necessary and reasonable.

#602 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

The funny thing is how many people were saying the opposite - the Schneider wouldn't sign until Luooo is traded.
I think they completely missed the tone of Liut/Schneider's actual comments.
I love the knee-jerk in Toronto - next for the myth makers - Brodeur to Toronto... muahahaha

That would be delicious. Didn't he say "I'm prepared to move forward with the goaltending we have in place" or something to that effect?
I hope they're stuck with the goaltenders they have all season just to see if Burke will pop a vein in his forehead.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#603 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,001 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

Cory Schneider says opportunity to win here in Vancouver was maybe biggest factor for re-signing. Never intended to go elsewhere

I can think of 4 million other reasons why he re-signed too. :bigblush:

No but seriously, I've followed Schneider since he first joined the Moose, and I'm so happy with how far he's come. It's nice to have more of our own players that we've drafted and developed.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#604 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Why would you want to be critical of Schneider, so far he has done nothing to be criticized for?

He's obviously referring to the fact that Vancouver "fans" harass every goalie who ever plays for us.

Not just goalies...

Fans have issues with lot of former Canucks.

Luongo... "fans" turned on him
Naslund... "fans" turned on him
Bertuzzi... "fans" turned on him
Cloutier... "fans" turned on him
Cooke... "fans" kind of turned on him
Messier... OK never mind bad example lol
Bure... "fans" turned on him

Is it the fault of all those players or our "fans"?
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#605 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Scneids is on the team 1040 folks.
http://www.teamradio...ayer/index.html

#606 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

Ok "fans", don't mess this one up...
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#607 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

A lot of people said that when Luongo signed with us.

I just hope this fan base doesn't turn retarded again and run Schneider out of town in 3 or 4 years..but I see that I'm asking maybe a bit too much.

A lot of Lou homers are already trashing him before he even plays a game as our starter. It's time to support our team.

If in four or five year it looks like he can't get it done (like Lou) then we can reevaluate him, but for now let's give him the benefit of the situation.

I think 4 mil is a little more then we should have paid for him but it's what it took to lock him up and it's only .5 to high we can live with it.

Lou is as good as gone bitching about Cory is not going to help it just makes you sound vengeful.

#608 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

He's obviously referring to the fact that Vancouver "fans" harass every goalie who ever plays for us.

Not just goalies...

Fans have issues with lot of former Canucks.

Luongo... "fans" turned on him
Naslund... "fans" turned on him
Bertuzzi... "fans" turned on him
Cloutier... "fans" turned on him
Cooke... "fans" kind of turned on him
Messier... OK never mind bad example lol
Bure... "fans" turned on him

Is it the fault of all those players or our "fans"?

You are full of s*** fans only turned on Cloutier, messier, and well Lou. Don't know what your thinking with the rest? Sure AFTER they were not a Canuck any more some got booed when they came back but that was nothing to do with how they got treated as Canucks. Quit making up bs and support our new tender.

#609 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

You are full of s*** fans only turned on Cloutier, messier, and well Lou. Don't know what your thinking with the rest? Sure AFTER they were not a Canuck any more some got booed when they came back but that was nothing to do with how they got treated as Canucks. Quit making up bs and support our new tender.

Like we supported luongo.

#610 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

I know this is typical of a Canucks fan but now that Luongo basically has one foot out the door, I'm starting to freak out a bit. Watching some of these tribute videos that people have put together makes me realize how much he's been through with this Canucks organization. From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows. Hard to picture him tending goal anywhere but here.

I know what you mean, the fans took him for granted.. I'm gonna miss this guy, all class and such a great person. All the abuse and things the "fans" put this man through is more than I can comprehend. Then after he leaves they'll put a "we wish you the best" up and that will be that. Schneider will leave after those 3 years are up, this city pins all it's losses onto the goalies. I personally think the team won't ever be the same after he leaves, I hope for the sake of all these fans that we get a cup out of this.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#611 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

You are full of s*** fans only turned on Cloutier, messier, and well Lou. Don't know what your thinking with the rest?  Sure AFTER they were not a Canuck any more some got booed when they came back but that was nothing to do with how they got treated as Canucks.  Quit making up bs and support our new tender.

Actually, Nazzy took quite a lot of flak in Vancity for not living up to his final contract.

You're pretty much correct on the others though. In fact, Bert and Cooke probably got a lot more support from fans than they deserved...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#612 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

Not sure if anyone has answered your question, not really interested in going through 18 pages to find out, but just saw Rask signed a 1 year deal worth $3.5M.

Nobody answered it but I'm glad that we got Schneids for more than one year.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#613 NewSedinTwin

NewSedinTwin

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

This is great news! I didn't think that it would happen so fast. I guess this means that Luongo is as good as gone, there's no point in paying a goalie tandem around 10million/year.
Post 100: Feb.15.10
Post 200: Mar.20.10

#614 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Oh yeah...because Scneider's agent must be a moron, right? Really, when will some of you "experts" realize that the people on the other end of negotiations and trades aren't complete idiots, just waiting to fall into Gillis's trap?

why don't you tone it down? the only one trying to sound like an "expert" is you - at least i made points, tried to support my arguement... you just crapped out an opinion with some attitude attached to it, so why dont you crawl back under your rock and come back when you want to actually have a discussion, or "forum" on this topic
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#615 NewSedinTwin

NewSedinTwin

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Dream day:
Schneider has inked it.
Schultz has made up his mind - he's coming home.
Florida agrees with Jovo and have decided that including an elite prospect as part of the Luongo deal is necessary and reasonable.

I don't think Schultz has made it official, the Canucks are not guaranteeing him playing time. Schultz's list has 5 teams on it. This is as far as I know. Have things officially changed now?
Post 100: Feb.15.10
Post 200: Mar.20.10

#616 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

I know what you mean, the fans took him for granted.. I'm gonna miss this guy, all class and such a great person. All the abuse and things the "fans" put this man through is more than I can comprehend. Then after he leaves they'll put a "we wish you the best" up and that will be that. Schneider will leave after those 3 years are up, this city pins all it's losses onto the goalies. I personally think the team won't ever be the same after he leaves, I hope for the sake of all these fans that we get a cup out of this.

Soooo the obvious thing for him to do is just win all the games....
someone should have told Lu it was this easy...then we wouldn't be in this mess......

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#617 We Broke The Cup

We Broke The Cup

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Honestly, who F'n cares about October? It's all about rapid declines in April, May & June that seems to be the problem.

Happy for Schneider and just as happy for Luongo to get away from this predominantly classless, self-destructive fanbase.

That wasn't ment to be a jab at Lou. Slow seasons starts have been the norm for sometime (whole team). Now that Cory will likely be number one, I'm just curious how they will start this year playing in front of him. Lou has had to endure an ungodly amount of criticism from the fans and media, But none has ever come from me. As for October, I love it. It's the end of the summer heat and the start of a new season of hockey.

#618 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

That wasn't ment to be a jab at Lou. Slow seasons starts have been the norm for sometime (whole team). Now that Cory will likely be number one, I'm just curious how they will start this year playing in front of him. Lou has had to endure an ungodly amount of criticism from the fans and media, But none has ever come from me. As for October, I love it. It's the end of the summer heat and the start of a new season of hockey.

My apologies for misunderstanding your intent, entirely.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#619 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Nice to see Cory Schneider suddenly has alot of fan's. When I first joined this board, it seemed I was the only one. How dare I suggest he was actually as good as Luongo..(actually I always thought better, but I just said equal as to not make you guys explode in complete rage.) I am after all a team guy. In spite of that, I dodged all the bullets and flames, and here we are. Congratulations to Cory. I sure hope to see him as our new number one, but I'll believe it when i see it.

#620 Hedman

Hedman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Nice to see Cory Schneider suddenly has alot of fan's. When I first joined this board, it seemed I was the only one. How dare I suggest he was actually as good as Luongo..(actually I always thought better, but I just said equal as to not make you guys explode in complete rage.) I am after all a team guy. In spite of that, I dodged all the bullets and flames, and here we are. Congratulations to Cory. I sure hope to see him as our new number one, but I'll believe it when i see it.

Lol are you kidding me? Most of the "fans" have been against Luongo for at least the latest 2 years. No one even put the blame on Cory after the Chicago game in the playoffs when he had 2 turnovers which lead to goals. I can't even imagine what people would have said if it was Luongo who did that...

#621 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

You might not remember... Don't know how long you've been a "fan".
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#622 Jake's_Dad

Jake's_Dad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

Last
-formerly known as macvic24

#623 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

good deal now time to trade Luo.Luo was the best goalie is our regular season,just to bad he wasn't our best in the playoffs.Cory I think will be an all round better goalie for us ,so time to win us a cup!
Posted Image

#624 hyflyin

hyflyin

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

#625 Droj

Droj

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

So, I was looking up some stats on NHL.com and I was just curious as to how different goalies stats vary according to the situation. It seems to be far more common to compare and contrast forwards/defensemen special teams stats, but we don't see the same comparisons with goalies.

For what its worth Cory Schneider was the best PK goalie in the NHL last year
http://www.nhl.com/i...pecialTeamSaves

He had a .959 sv% on the PK then next comparable goalies would be:
Tuuka Rask: .923
Johan Hedberg: .921
Brian Elliot: .912
Martin Brodeur: ..911

Some might say that it is because of the Canucks PK unit being super good. For those people we can just look at Luongo's PK sv% which is .870 which is not quite the same...

Even with the best PK in the League last year both of NJD goalies had significantly worse PK sv% than schneider. I just thought that this was an interesting thing that nobody seems to have brought up.

#626 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

So what does that tell us... he is spectacular when he really needs to hold his team in the game perhaps?

That, along with his performance in relief of Luongo last playoffs would tend to indicate it to be the case...
Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

#627 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

44 wins 7 shutouts for Schneider.

Subbancopy.jpg

#628 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

not bad not bad... decent length and a decent price.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.