The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

Now everyone will come on here and say how much they love Lu and they'll miss him, when really it's BS. Most of the people on here couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Well now you got your wish. Time to rejoice I guess.

contracts higher than i expected... i mean i love schneids and hope he's our starter, but i figured if his cap hit was going to be that high it would be for like a 5 year. he is relatively unproven in a full NHL season - i have confidence in him - but facts are he has only played 33 games in a full NHL season... unless MG knows for sure luongo is going somewhere soon, i figured a former player agent could have worked out something better.

As per Mike Gillis at Summer Summet! Said agreement was met 15 minutes ago.

Gillis drops the bomb "like a boss!"

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

#NHL signing. Canucks agree on new 3 year deal worth 12M with G Cory Schneider. 4M is his new cap hit.

Yeah, I totally agree. I dont think we'll ever have as dominant of a season as the last 2 when Luongo leaves. The thing that makes me want to trade one of them is that we just don't have a strong enough offense once the playoffs hit. We need a legit top 6 sniper/playmaker. No one on this team can snipe. Hawks and Oilers have us beat when it comes to that. We are a great hard working team, but Kesler can't dangle. It's one of the reasons why we're so bad in the shootout. I hope we can get some young top 6 player out of the luongo trade.

Archived