Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Canucks Summer Summit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Grabnerz

Grabnerz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

hey guys, did anyone go to the canucks summer summit tonight? i had tickets but had other obligations, was there anything new? any canucks show up? any good prizes? food?

#2 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,540 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

You mean other than the announcement of Cory Schneider's contract extension? ;)

I watched online and it looked really interesting. They were letting people of all ages ask Jensen and Gaunce plus MG, Victor De Bonis, and Stan Smyl some questions.

Watching the prospects it just kind of donned on me about how much Gaunce's life has changed in a week. A week ago he didn't know when he was going to be drafted or by what team. And now a week later he's answering questions about the future of an NHL franchise and basically getting ready for when the torch is passed to him. Pretty big responsibility to be a 1st rounder in the NHL. But both he and Jensen handled it great

They gave out some great prizes at the end - 3 jerseys, some pictures and stuff, and the grand prize: Lunch with Alex Burrows (OMG I want that!)
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#3 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

Gillis announced Schneider has signed with us. To bad you missed it, you could have been one of the first people to hear it.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#4 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

we enjoyed it was fun, gills was in a good mood :)

#5 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

The strombone question was great :lol: It was cool to see Gillis actually give a response, I thought he'd just 'no comment' it.

For those who didn't watch, a fan asked Gillis if he could confirm/deny if @strombone1 was legit. Gillis said he couldn't confirm but that he still thinks the twitter is very witty (which made me :shock: - maybe MG is on twitter afterall...)
Posted Image

#6 SynysterGates

SynysterGates

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

The strombone question was great :lol: It was cool to see Gillis actually give a response, I thought he'd just 'no comment' it.

For those who didn't watch, a fan asked Gillis if he could confirm/deny if @strombone1 was legit. Gillis said he couldn't confirm but that he still thinks the twitter is very witty (which made me :shock: - maybe MG is on twitter afterall...)

uhhh.. He is.

@GMMikeGillis

#7 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

I was there. It was pretty cool. One of the coolest moments was when one kid asked "What does it take to be a Canuck?" or something like that. Gillis handed promptly handed the microphone to Stan Smyl to answer the question. I got some goosebumps there.
Posted Image

#8 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

uhhh.. He is.

@GMMikeGillis

Ehh, I'm pretty sure that one is run by the some PR team. In fact, Gillis himself said that on Afterhours...
Posted Image

#9 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

Ehh, I'm pretty sure that one is run by the some PR team. In fact, Gillis himself said that on Afterhours...

Posted Image

:P

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#10 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

You sure showed me.
Posted Image

#11 WizardousSedinerie

WizardousSedinerie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:02 AM

Caught the tale end of it online but heard it was fun. Saw (via Twitter) a funny comment Shorty made about having an abundance of goalies here, including Cheech. :lol:

#12 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

I hadn't gone in a few years but decided to go. The all you can eat hog dogs, chips and pop weren't bad but the event itself was pretty lame. The Q & A was supposed to be from 6:00 to 7:30 but ended well before 7:00pm. It was the usual:

"Hey Mike, do you have interest in Shane Doan?"

MG: "I can't talk about players under contract with other teams?"

Next....

"Hey Mike, would you like Rich Nash on the Canucks?"

:picard:

The telling of the Schneider trade was cool. I was one of the first ones apparently to tweet it - haha.

The prizes drawn were good.....if you won

#13 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,348 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Why was it so early this year? wasn't it much later back in 2010?

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.