Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

If Loungo gets traded, who backs up Schneider?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#61 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

Just noticed your sig, pretty sure it was Japan that bombed Pearl Harbour not the Germans

Only pretty sure?
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#62 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

If? If?????????

#63 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

"The bandwagoneer groupies will have Ginger love for maybe half a season and then they will eat him up and spit him out just like every other goalie we've had.''

- Simply not true. Several goalies have been hugely popular with Canuck fans; e.g. Richard Brodeur, Kirk McLean, and Roberto Luongo.
- If Luongo gets moved it has nothing to do with some fans being down on him, but simply because a younger player has taken over his place on the team.
- Is it true that some fans, at times, put too much blame on goalies? Sure; but I don't know what anyone can do about it.

#64 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

I doubt Lack is the backup next year. They can't completely strip Chicago of their starting goaltender. .

Uh, yeah...because when they decide what is best for the NHL team, they really worry a hell of a lot about the AHL. Anyhow, they have that Cannata kid to play in Chicago. And maybe that Czeck kid as well.

#65 tybarber

tybarber

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Only pretty sure?

hahaha

I suppose MG would try to find a veteran in the FA pool, I think Lack could definitely benefit from another year of being the starter in the AHL. But does anyone think it's a possibility that Lu stays as backup/split starts until the trade deadline? It could possibly put more pressure on FLA to offer up some more for him, but then you'd probably have a very disgruntled backup on the bench half the time I'm sure.

#66 2nastie

2nastie

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

Brodeur

:bigblush:

#67 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

How can they say Lack did not do well his numbers were stellar best goalie in AHL Same numbers in playoff pressure games also Surprised Toronto hasn't made a pitch for him

http://theahl.com/st...yer.php?id=3785

First off they said that at the start of last year. But as they were happy with his developement in the second half of the season.
Toronto is looking for a goaltender that has NHL experience.

#68 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

Any vets with playoff experience and faired well...Turco might fit in...great passer
"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#69 Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Would a guy like Ty conklin be a decent fit as a backup?

#70 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

Would a guy like Ty conklin be a decent fit as a backup?

If you want one of the worst goalies in the NHL, sure. He got chased out of his last backup job by Detroit's 3rd goalie.

#71 Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

If you want one of the worst goalies in the NHL, sure. He got chased out of his last backup job by Detroit's 3rd goalie.

Good to know. I suppose BIRON would be a better pickup if your going for a seasoned vet.

#72 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

TIM THOMAS!!!

Seriously Theodore, Biron, C.Mason, Sanford or Clemmenson in this order.

Would love it if it was Luongo. Just cannot see that senerio working out for all the interested parties.

#73 Dr. J.

Dr. J.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

It is not 'if' any more. It is 'when' Luongo gets traded. The Canucks are not going to have $10m tied up in goalies.

#74 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

IF Lu gets traded and later we find out there was a big offer for Schnieder that included Nash, I am going to be pissed.

If Gillis is smart, he would listen to all offers for either goalie.

Edited by cmpunk, 29 June 2012 - 11:02 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#75 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

Brian Burke started this myth about Vancouver being the graveyard for goalies.... and he did it to deflect attention from his inability to find a top drawer goaltender. (And it cost us a cup in my opinion.)
- Richard Brodeur wasn't called "King Richard" for nothing.

#76 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

How about John Garrett?

That way instead of just sitting and waiting, maybe set up a nice buffet behind he bench so the players can carbo load? And if any of the players on the other team try to take some food......oh boy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#77 Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

How about John Garrett?

That way instead of just sitting and waiting, maybe set up a nice buffet behind he bench so the players can carbo load? And if any of the players on the other team try to take some food......oh boy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ahaha, i hope this isn't shorty....or john....

But just no.

#78 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

IF Lu gets traded and later we find out there was a big offer for Schnieder that included Nash, I am going to be pissed.

If Gillis is smart, he would listen to all offers for either goalie.

.....and,,,if you were smart, you'd recognize that Schneider is a lot better than Lou and thus...you keep the better goalie... You get blinded by the Lou stars in your eyes....lots of teams were interested in Schneider for very good reasons...although nash would be a nice addition...he can't carry the team like a great goalie can....I'm trading you with Lou...

#79 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

Right now it's not "if" it's "when". Furthermore, Lack will back up Schnieder.
Posted Image

#80 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

Really? We know Luongo can take a team (a team that only scored 8 goals in 7 games in the SCF) to 15 wins, a great player like nash could be the difference.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#81 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

I see a veteran backup like Auld, Raycroft, Biron, etc. I don't think that they will put a rookie starter and a rookie backup in at the same time.

As much as Schneider is likely going to be a good goalie, there are going to be bad games and stretches of bad games. Having a steady veteran presence to throw in will be useful.

If the trade is with Florida, I suspect Theodore might be coming back our way just to free up dollar for them, and he would be a pretty solid insurance policy at a cheap price.

Anyone who starts a game is a 'starter' Cory 'started' about 30 last year. He is NOT a rookie - this is his third season. Between the veteran, Luongo, and the 'rookie' Schneider - there is no doubt who was 'steadier' - and it wasn't the vet. Luongo is all the proof one needs that having a vet does not equate to steadiness - streaky or mercurial would be far more apt terms.

As for if there is still a trade with Florida that might include Theodore coming back, what you suggest is not unreasonable due to the fact that Lack lacks NHL experience - but there is only one way for him to get it - he has to play here. So far, he has done well at every other level including NHL pre-seaon - he just hasn't played here yet.

#82 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

Luongo is not going anywhere . He still starter goalie of Canucks . And mike gillis signed his buddy till trade deadline . Then. Schneider gonna trade for good DEFENCEMAN !

Addy lack have to be patience till trade deadline .

There is so much fail in this post I'm at a loss at where to begin so instead I'll just make fun of the poster and completely ignore any kind of point they were attempting to make. #CDC

#83 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Whoever it is, I hope we don't go back to the days of having Luongo the superstar, and then the crapty backup playing only 10 games a year. I want a trustworthy, hopefully veteran backup who can handle a decent share of the games so we don't overload Schneider in his rookie year. Plus we need insurance in case Schneider is injured.

Have you already bought the Delorian?

#84 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

Comeback kid; Dominek Hasek? :rolleyes:

#85 Stix

Stix

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

If he goes to Florida, I think JT might be coming our way. Wouldn't mind him playing 20 g.

#86 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,467 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Marty Broduer :bigblush:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#87 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Any vets with playoff experience and faired well...Turco might fit in...great passer

But not great saver.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#88 Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Marty Broduer :bigblush:

Wake up....wake up...its time for school.....("no mommy i want to stay home and bake cookies with you")

#89 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

How did Lack do last year in the AHL? I thought I recalled Gillis saying that he isn't quite NHL ready yet but don't quote me on that.

We might have to get someone cheap via free agency.

Apparently Dan Cloutier was working with the goalies at Prospects Camp today. Road to a comeback? :lol:

He did pretty good in the AHL from what I've heard.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#90 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Clemmensen, Biron, Johnson or Lack...

There are many back-up goalies available in Free Agency.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.