Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lonny_Bohonos_14

[REPORT] Brodeur to test Free Agency

125 posts in this topic

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Martin Brodeur very likely to test free agent market. Brodeur has hired Pat Brisson (CAA) to represent him. Bidders get ready!

Brodeur has had limited contract discussions with Devils. Could still sign before Sunday, but leaning now toward open market.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

If Brodeur were just going to stay in New Jersey, he would not have hired an agent, something he hasn't used for a long time.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun

If Brodeur does indeed leave NJ, you have to imagine Toronto would be an intriguing spot. Brodeur helping Reimer's development?

Brodeur's deal should have been done long ago. To put him in a position to have to consider free agency is tough for a player of his status.

That's crazy! He's going to retire a Devil, it will be crazy if he doesn't.

WTF ??!?!?!? Brodeur should just stay in Jersey I dont see him wearing any other uniform !

Lu for Larsson please. (when NJD gets their finances figured out)

If we can get him for cheap, he can split duties with Schneider.

Probably means Parise won't return to the NJ either (if the report is true), given the Devils financial issues.

Will this affect any Lu trade talks? Maybe Marty wants to play for a Canadian team :bigblush:

make that a cup contending canadian team :canucks:

I could see him ending up in Tampa even if they did pick up Lindback because he still may need a little time to develop further and share the workload with Brodeur. Another place could be Chicago but I think he only leaves for a contender. I dont agree with him leaving but with the financial issues in Jersey its possible. I say hang em up and be one of few that played for the same franchise your entire career.

Hmmm id imagine he'd try to get another cup, so no Toronto or Columbus, i could see Chicago, San Jose and then the Florida teams trying to sign him.

NJ must be a serious mess for Brodeur to leave.

WTF? How could Jersey not sign him?

This is so weird. Maybe they're lowballing him? But that doesn't make sense, they wouldn't do that to the guy that's been the face of the franchise for 20 years, would they?

I can't imagine him playing anywhere else.

Edit: I forgot they have ownership issues there. It must be to do with that.

Wow!

He's done and won everything he could in NJ.

This is the only challenge left. I love Marty, he's a true swashbuckler.

Come home to Canada and be put out to stud.