The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Brodeur to test Free Agency

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Martin Brodeur very likely to test free agent market. Brodeur has hired Pat Brisson (CAA) to represent him. Bidders get ready!

Brodeur has had limited contract discussions with Devils. Could still sign before Sunday, but leaning now toward open market.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

If Brodeur were just going to stay in New Jersey, he would not have hired an agent, something he hasn't used for a long time.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun

If Brodeur does indeed leave NJ, you have to imagine Toronto would be an intriguing spot. Brodeur helping Reimer's development?

Brodeur's deal should have been done long ago. To put him in a position to have to consider free agency is tough for a player of his status.

I could see him ending up in Tampa even if they did pick up Lindback because he still may need a little time to develop further and share the workload with Brodeur. Another place could be Chicago but I think he only leaves for a contender. I dont agree with him leaving but with the financial issues in Jersey its possible. I say hang em up and be one of few that played for the same franchise your entire career.

WTF? How could Jersey not sign him?

This is so weird. Maybe they're lowballing him? But that doesn't make sense, they wouldn't do that to the guy that's been the face of the franchise for 20 years, would they?

I can't imagine him playing anywhere else.

Edit: I forgot they have ownership issues there. It must be to do with that.

Archived