The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Brodeur to test Free Agency

damn not its going to be soo many harder than it already is to trade Luongo. Teams like Toronto and Florida could just easily sign Brodeur without giving up any assets. NOOoooooooooooo this screws our plans up, unless we trade Schneider...

damn not its going to be soo many harder than it already is to trade Luongo. Teams like Toronto and Florida could just easily sign Brodeur without giving up any assets. NOOoooooooooooo this screws our plans up, unless we trade Schneider...

I don't think it's about affording him is it?

This is probably Marty's choice because if he plays one more year, he wants to have a shot at one more cup.

I don't see this affecting Luongo's value though. Brodeur's not going to Toronto or Florida. He would go to a legit contender like Boston or Detroit. Maybe even to Vancouver to backup Schneider? :bigblush:

Tampa makes sense for Marty. I'm sure Yzerman could convince him to join them.

If the Canucks and Panthers are this deep in trade talks though, I doubt Florida backs off at the last second because Brodeur may become a free agent.

I hate the fact that he would even consider leaving, he'll likely only play one more season, he has been a Devil his entire career and this seems like a poor choice. However, if he does leave, I see him going to a team like Toronto or Tampa Bay, who clearly need a goaltender with experience. Brodeur on the Lightning would make them one of the most lethal teams in the Eastern Conference. However, since Brodeur is thinking of leaving, he may want to try a team in the Western Conference, maybe a young team like Edmonton, or a team where he can split the games 41/41 like in Minnesota.

Makes me think that NJ has some a serious ownership/financial crisis going on; Brodeur's never used an agent before, he's always negotiated with Lou directly.

Anyway, what reason does Parise have to stay in NJ if Brodeur leaves? He'll be gone for sure.

I just realized: No Brodeur and Parise = Lottery Pick = don't they have to give away their 1st rounder next year? LOL.....

Archived