Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Mike Eaves on Team 1040

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#1 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

Mike Eaves (Justin Schultz coach) was just on Team 1040 and he said "Justin is a massive Canucks fan" and went further to say that Justin was visibly upset when they lost in 11'

caman kid sign here lets win the cup together
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#2 mau5trap

mau5trap

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

This emoticon is just simply warranted when you hear tingly information like this:

:bigblush:

Posted Image

#3 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

The best fit for him playing time wise however is Edmonton. Do you join the team your a huge fan of to play a less role than you feel you can provide ? or do you go to a team where you can play and be a contributor....?
Posted Image

#4 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

Personally, if I was in his shoes, Id sign with Edmonton. But im not in his shoes, and I really hope he signs with us.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#5 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,366 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

The best fit for him playing time wise however is Edmonton. Do you join the team your a huge fan of to play a less role than you feel you can provide ? or do you go to a team where you can play and be a contributor....?

Playoffs + Playing on your favorite team > No Playoffs + Losing + More Icetime.

Subbancopy.jpg

#6 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

I don't agree that Edmonton gives him the best shot to increase his value.

If he's as good as everyone thinks, I don't think he would have a problem beating out Tanev (no shot), or a 38 year old Salo (who they probably want to use sparingly anyways)

Top 4 minutes in Vancouver>>>Top 4 minutes in Edmonton. Only difference is he has to earn it here. And if he's made it this far, I don't think he should have a problem with that.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#7 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

Everyone start inserting Schultz in your starting lineups ^_^ ^_^

#8 canuck_face54

canuck_face54

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

With how good everyone says he is, he shouldn't have a problem cracking the lineup! This should be an easy choise for him. Let's do it Justin!
Canucks4Life!

#9 Jet_91

Jet_91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Anybody have a link to the interview?

#10 Berto91

Berto91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

So he's a 'massive Canucks fan', we're contenders with a great core, he'd be surrounded by people that could mentor him and I think he should sign here.. But seriously like Playboi19 said, 'Playoffs + Playing on your favorite team > No Playoffs + Losing + More Icetime.' Couldn't agree more!
100th Post: Friday 2nd July '10 :)

Vintage.Kesler, on 30 September 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:
Lol, tailored for a T-REX.

View PostLiving Rapture, on 31 January 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure CDC just collectively orgasmed at the thought of CoHo getting recalled lol

#11 Vancity87

Vancity87

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

I think Canucks have more to offer on the mentorship side of things. Although he may be NHL ready it does not mean he couldn't benefit from the collective experience of Hammer, Juice, Salo and Edler. Who does Edmonton have that can compare to that? He may well go their and crash and burn, in Van he can truly develop his game and weather out any small storms that may come to pass.
Sig too big.

#12 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

So he's a 'massive Canucks fan', we're contenders with a great core, he'd be surrounded by people that could mentor him and I think he should sign here.. But seriously like Playboi19 said, 'Playoffs + Playing on your favorite team > No Playoffs + Losing + More Icetime.' Couldn't agree more!

Plus all of the extra unnecessary pressure that he would face in Edmonton because they have no D.

#13 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

It all depends on if he wants to be given ice time or actually have to earn it.

If he wants the easy route, Edmonton is the obvious choice. He'll get all the minutes he can handle. If he's willing to be pushed to his limits and earn ever minute with one of the most offensive defenses in the league, it's gotta be Vancouver.

#14 Berto91

Berto91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
Wayne Gretzky confirms he called Justin Schultz as part of the Oilers push to sign the young d-man.Paul Coffey also part of the Edmtn pitch.

100th Post: Friday 2nd July '10 :)

Vintage.Kesler, on 30 September 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:
Lol, tailored for a T-REX.

View PostLiving Rapture, on 31 January 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure CDC just collectively orgasmed at the thought of CoHo getting recalled lol

#15 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

How ???? desperate they are eh. What a joke that franchise has turned into. If the rumor that we won't give him a spot on our third pairing is true then I'm going to be really rattled. Poor decision on Gillis part if true BOLD MOVES MIKE LETS SEE SOME
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks R.Luongo. for the sig!=)

#16 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

You just don't sign with some team when you are a diehard fan of another, especially one that is in the same division.

#17 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

i think his choice, will speak volumes about his character.....edmonton can offer him top 4 minutes, on the canucks though, he needs to earn his playing time.....if he is as good as everyone says and he believes, he should be able to grab some premier ice time....he has to walk the walk.....we all hope he signs here.

#18 DeltaSwede

DeltaSwede

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

My opinion on Justin Schultz changes whenever I hear anything about him. At this point, I really don't care where this kid signs, I'll be glad if it is with the Canucks but it is a 22 year old with 0 NHL games played. I would be fuming if I was an Anaheim fan.

Have fun in Edmonton, Toronto, New York, Philadelphia, Detroit, Vancouver or wherever you go kid.

MMjJiLv.gif

Shinckarukak

#19 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

If he chooses Edmonton because of guaranteed top 4 role or something, they can have him. If we gave him that without it being earned, it wouldn't say much about someone like Edler or Bieksa who had to work to get there. I'm sure he could slot in there, but he should earn it like everybody else. If he's as good as everybody says, that shouldn't be a problem.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#20 EDLER.IS.BEAST

EDLER.IS.BEAST

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Gretzky and Coffey? wow Edmonton sure is desperate.

#21 biznasty

biznasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'm starting to feel like he will sign in Edmonton. They are using some big names to pressure him.
Posted Image

#22 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

If he's a Canuck fan surely he hates our rival Oilers.

Schultz signing with Vancouver makes just as much sense as signing with the Oilers. We have a big-3 of Hamhuis, Bieksa and Edler who will most likely eat up 22-24 minutes a game for the next 3 or 4 seasons, but this will most likely be Salo's last season after which we will need another 22-24 minute defenceman to play in our top-4 or top-2. Enter: Justin Shultz.

He should play 15-20 minutes next season, then jump up to a top-4 role the following season which makes far more sense for his development than jumping straight into the NHL. Don't forget - he's as unproven as it gets.
Posted Image

#23 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

What makes no sense that in 2 years he'll potentially be a UFA again (or am i wrong about this?), so he can come hear win us 2 playoffs then goto edmonton for a year win them a playoff then come back home to win use 3-5 more playoffs...
Geeze.
Seriously though, if I was edmonton I'd just tell him we have a good core of young players learning the game, if he was to learn with them then come aboard but if not we'll talk in 2 years time.

#24 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

Unless this is 1984, and he received the call on a roto-dialer, I don't see how this would convince Schultz.

Sweet, a couple of legends told me how great it was to play in Edmonton. Too bad for Paul Coffey that he never got the luxury of playing alongside Ladislav Smid.

Given neither player is affiliated with the organization in any meaningful way, I don't really see how this would be that influential in Schultz's decision.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#25 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

If he's a Canuck fan surely he hates our rival Oilers.

Schultz signing with Vancouver makes just as much sense as signing with the Oilers. We have a big-3 of Hamhuis, Bieksa and Edler who will most likely eat up 22-24 minutes a game for the next 3 or 4 seasons, but this will most likely be Salo's last season after which we will need another 22-24 minute defenceman to play in our top-4 or top-2. Enter: Justin Shultz.

He should play 15-20 minutes next season, then jump up to a top-4 role the following season which makes far more sense for his development than jumping straight into the NHL. Don't forget - he's as unproven as it gets.

I'm a canucks fan, and dont give a crap about oilers because they suck... Realistically I'd like all Canadian teams to do well, (Canadian homer I am), I'd cream in my pants if all 6 Canadian teams made it into the playoffs one year.

Edited by goblix, 29 June 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#26 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

My opinion on Justin Schultz changes whenever I hear anything about him. At this point, I really don't care where this kid signs, I'll be glad if it is with the Canucks but it is a 22 year old with 0 NHL games played. I would be fuming if I was an Anaheim fan.

Have fun in Edmonton, Toronto, New York, Philadelphia, Detroit, Vancouver or wherever you go kid.

I love your Sig. Makes me smile every single time.
Posted Image

#27 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

I love your Sig. Makes me smile every single time.

Same! lol

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

#28 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

I'm a canucks fan, and dont give a crap about oilers because they suck... Realistically I'd like all Canadian teams to do well, (Canadian homer I am), I'd cream in my pants if all 5 Canadian teams made it into the playoffs one year.

All 5 CDN teams!!!!!
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#29 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hi JS,

We have nothing to do with the Oilers and would not go back for anything. But really, sign there. You get April - September off! More time in the OK!
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#30 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

All 5 CDN teams!!!!!

lmao ottawa forgot about them, sooo sad

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.