The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Eaves on Team 1040

CoreyPerry

Why the circus then?

If he was coming to van why wouldn't he just keep his mouth shut until July 1st?

Is all this just to inflate his ego?

This may backfire, he is setting the bar pretty dam high!

I hope he falls on his face.

he might not be guarenteed ice time here but if he came to us and stuck it out i wouldnt be surprised if he was in the 1st two pairings in a few years, depends on if he puts in the time and pushes himself to it. Or he can take the easy road and go to edm. and be guarenteed ice time out of desperation from the oilers to fill spots

We need a good offensive Dman like Erhoff, hope this kid comes here. While the dcore stepped up last year offensively, it broke down defensively in the first round against LA. Hope to sign an offensive Dman, and a big mean mutha (you know what) Dman as well.

More stuff on TEAM1040, being reiterated that he's a Canucks fan and that if it's any indication Vancouver has a pretty big shot. Am I the only one that doesn't see the ego? I've not heard/read everything about him, but to me he's analysing where he wants to go and I see no harm in that. It's not a draft where he's getting picked, he has choices and he's trying to go to the place he wants.

Also, I don't hope he 'falls on his face' especially if he comes here haha.

On Twitter just now..

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

Free agent defenceman Justin Schultz will decide tomorrow where he's signing.

My opinion on Justin Schultz changes whenever I hear anything about him. At this point, I really don't care where this kid signs, I'll be glad if it is with the Canucks but it is a 22 year old with 0 NHL games played. I would be fuming if I was an Anaheim fan.

Have fun in Edmonton, Toronto, New York, Philadelphia, Detroit, Vancouver or wherever you go kid.

obviously he wasn't going to pick edmonton, why else would they sink to the desperate depths of having gretzky and coffey try and talk him into signing with them. dunno how you react to gretzky telling you where to sign...

this whole thing has become ridiculous, hopefully this kid isn't a head case.

This boy will be brilliant, fantastically amazing, will be better over his career than Niklas Lidstrom, will win more Norris trophies than Doug Harvey, will play longer than Bobby Orr and will score more goals in one season than Paul Coffey could dream of scoring and win more Stanley Cups than Larry Robinson.

Justin Schultz is that F'n good !!!!!

All Schultz has to be reminded of is how badly that Ryan Smyth was treated in Edmonton. Smyth gave every ounce of blood and sweat to that organization and Kevin Lowe screwed him. After 12 seasons with Edmonton he was traded at the 11th hour to the New York Islanders in 2007 due to failed contract negotiations. Not only did he trade Smyth, he sent him to the absolute worst team in the league. Smyth was literally in tears during the interview. I have never seen a grown player cry the way that he did that day. How is that for player loyalty?

Cheers

So the Rangers had Messier woo him and the Oilers get Gretzky and Coffey.

Hmmm who from our alumni could we get to reciprocate. Obvious choice would be Trevor Linden. Too bad the organization shuns him like he has Ebola virus.

If he goes to Edmonton, they will party like they won the cup, put too much pressure on him, play him 20 min a night, he'll get hit injured told to play through it cuz they have no one else and he'll end up like Gilbert Brûlée- injured too early, lacking confidence wondering where it all went wrong

This whole thing is a farce, a 21 yr old being told he's a saviour of a franchise! You're setting him up for disappointment, that oilers team has no veteran leadership, they rely on kids and have refused to address their lack of veterans and poor goaltending.

Justin- if you want to go play 25 min a night, build bad habits be rushed back from injury and be overplayed and poorly developed- then go to Edmonton. Want the opposite+ winning, go to Vancouver

Easy decision

Archived