The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you do a reverse Luongo trade?

Mortalis

Yes or No? If Florida still had the pieces and the same with Vancouver, would you trade Luongo back to the Panthers in return for Bertuzzi, Auld, and Bryan Allen? Seems those 3 players are just what the Canucks are looking for..... Kind of Ironic.... Bertuzzi would be good for some 3rd/2nd line + pp, Auld could be a decent back-up, and Allen would be the big intimidating defenceman we need so badly.

Yes or No? If Florida still had the pieces and the same with Vancouver, would you trade Luongo back to the Panthers in return for Bertuzzi, Auld, and Bryan Allen? Seems those 3 players are just what the Canucks are looking for..... Kind of Ironic.... Bertuzzi would be good for some 3rd/2nd line + pp, Auld could be a decent back-up, and Allen would be the big intimidating defenceman we need so badly.

you'd have to consider, WHO was the Canucks goalie BEFORE LUONGO landed in Vancouver. so my answer, is NO, i would NOT reverse the trade.

i WOULD however reverse the CONTRACT that was signed by Luongo.

I'd do it. We have 2 great goaltenders now so trading one away wouldn't break the team, and we could really use a power forward and another big, physical D. It made sense the other way back then because we were stuck with Cloutier and Luongo massively upgraded our team :lol:

Archived