Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mortalis

Would you do a reverse Luongo trade?

37 posts in this topic

Yes or No? If Florida still had the pieces and the same with Vancouver, would you trade Luongo back to the Panthers in return for Bertuzzi, Auld, and Bryan Allen? Seems those 3 players are just what the Canucks are looking for..... Kind of Ironic.... Bertuzzi would be good for some 3rd/2nd line + pp, Auld could be a decent back-up, and Allen would be the big intimidating defenceman we need so badly.

would todd bertuzzi still be freshly remembered for his punch to the back of the head? :P

I love Bert, but there's a lot of history there, and he'd bring heavy luggage if he came to play here

Yeah but I wouldn't be willing to part with krajicek.. They'd have to take hamhuis instead

Yes or No? If Florida still had the pieces and the same with Vancouver, would you trade Luongo back to the Panthers in return for Bertuzzi, Auld, and Bryan Allen? Seems those 3 players are just what the Canucks are looking for..... Kind of Ironic.... Bertuzzi would be good for some 3rd/2nd line + pp, Auld could be a decent back-up, and Allen would be the big intimidating defenceman we need so badly.

I think not. But I do like chips and dip! ::D

The only reverse trade I'd do is Kassian for Hodgson

:bigblush:

Luongo is worth more now, since then he has won gold at olympics, led 'nucks to cup final, played in all-star games, and became second in nhl history for most wins in a season with 47.

For current Bert? No, I would love to trade Luongo right now for someone that was like the Bert when we traded him.

you'd have to consider, WHO was the Canucks goalie BEFORE LUONGO landed in Vancouver. so my answer, is NO, i would NOT reverse the trade.

i WOULD however reverse the CONTRACT that was signed by Luongo.

I'd do it. We have 2 great goaltenders now so trading one away wouldn't break the team, and we could really use a power forward and another big, physical D. It made sense the other way back then because we were stuck with Cloutier and Luongo massively upgraded our team :lol:

Luongo is worth more now, since then he has won gold at olympics, led 'nucks to cup final, played in all-star games, and became second in nhl history for most wins in a season with 47.

He could smash Marchand's head on the ice, then we can just blame it on Bertuzzi being Bertuzzi then trade him away again...

No way! Media would be on Bert for every hit he makes, and Lack would be a better choice than Auld. Allen is the only positive thing about it, but the trade would still be bad for us.