The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler Breaks His Arm

Canouver

It's not a broken arm, the cast is there to add weight to the arm to help pull the shoulder down into a proper healing position. I had the exact same get-up on my shoulder when I busted it.

if he did something traumatic enough to break that arm the affects it would have on a shoulder that was just operated on would be very very bad, he'd most likely have to go back under the knife. hence It's not a broken arm, it is standard to wear a sling and wrap your arm after shoulder surgery.

PS- the only thing Kes is missing to make that look complete is a big sketchy looking van and some aviators.

How long ago was surgery? I had same surgery 3 years ago, was on oxycodone for 3 days and then on Advil. Seems a little odd that he would still be on narcotic analgesics. Possible post-op infection?? Could be a PICC line for antibiotics?? Not saying this is what it is, just speculating.

It's very unlikely he broke something AFTER the shoulder surgery... so it is likely something from before. Yes they could cast the arm to put a little tension on the arm, but then they could just use a weighted sling.

Things do not point towards this being from the shoulder surgery as the surgery itself was likely arthroscopic or even a "mini-open" (small incision). Post op you aren't moving that arm, so you aren't likely breaking it after either. With those surgeries, immobilize the joint for a few days to let the repairs take, and then you want them to start physio.

The portable iv pump for pain meds is normal. (what's odd is that the clip is out of the pump. haha Has he just got that thing to gravity and free-running it?!? lol)

for those of you who want to know more about shoulder surgery:

http://orthoinfo.aao...fm?topic=a00066

and

http://ehealthmd.com...der-arthroscopy

Archived