The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sending Loungo to the Wolves

Knucklehd

What happens if the Canucks start the season with both Loungo and Schneider and end up sending Loungo to the wolves to free up cap space. How does that work?? Aren't there waivers or anything like that? I know he has a NTC and not a NMC which from what I understand makes this completely possible. Can anyone shed some light on the realities of this scenario? Thx

With the increase in cap space more than Schnieder's new salary, that shouldn't be an issue. And frankly, I can think of nothing more disrespectful to do to a goalie who has played so well for us, including taking us to game 7 of the SCF and earning several playoff shutouts along the way. Luo deserves better than that. In fact, he deserves better than for anyone to even think it's a viable option.

Don't get me wrong, I would hate to see this happen. Loungo has helped to bring this team to where it is. That said I'm curious how this could even happen. Wouldn't another team be able to pick him up for free if he was sent down. Sounds like a stupid move.

Don't get me wrong, I would hate to see this happen. Loungo has helped to bring this team to where it is. That said I'm curious how this could even happen. Wouldn't another team be able to pick him up for free if he was sent down. Sounds like a stupid move.

Archived