The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sending Loungo to the Wolves

Knucklehd

He is overvalued, this waiting game could backfire

This could be MG's only option.

No way it would ever happen. If he fell flat on his face during the season they might sent him down next year but it's highly unlikely.

It would be awesome if they did.

That would be kind of putting your knackers on a block and hitting them with a hammer!

I can't think of anything that would lower Luongo's trade value more than sending him to the AHL. Why would you even contemplate that?

If anything, Luongo splits the games with Cory and the team plays their hearts out for him Everyone benefits by Luongo staying in top form,,,the Canucks (better trade value), Luongo (he has a better chance of going to Florida if they are comfortable with his current play) and his teammates feel good about rallying around him.

AHL = Lose Lose (we don't need the cap space right now)

NHL = Win Win all around

What happens if the Canucks start the season with both Loungo and Schneider and end up sending Loungo to the wolves to free up cap space. How does that work?? Aren't there waivers or anything like that? I know he has a NTC and not a NMC which from what I understand makes this completely possible. Can anyone shed some light on the realities of this scenario? Thx

LUONGO HAS A NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE.

If a player has a no-movement clause, the player cannot be traded, waived, or sent down to the minors without that player's approval. In both cases, however, a player is not protected from being bought out by the player's current team.

Archived