The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sending Loungo to the Wolves

Knucklehd

To answer the OP's question I'm pretty sure Luongo can be waived. He has a no trade clause, not a no-movement clause. It'd never happen though, since a team would surely claim Lou off waivers and we'd be losing a starting goalie with no compensation. Gillis will handle the cap space properly to not go over if Lou needs to stay with us this season due to lack of deals or whatever.

edit:

LUONGO HAS A NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE.

I guess that my only question at this point, is how could we possibly justify putting Luongo on waivers (Even if it WAS possible, which it isn't) and seeing another team claim him with absolutely no return to our team whatsoever.

Troll TC, is Troll. If not trolling, then insert every insult you've read on the past page and a half of this thread < here > and find something to end your life with. Natural selection has failed us all with regards to you.

Man, some people on here are ruthless. The OP wasn't SUGGESTING they put Luongo on waivers, he was asking what happens IF they put him on waivers. Being curious about something doesn't mean you advocate it, and you guys who are sitting here personally attacking him for it are getting way too worked up.

You know how bad this would make our organization look? Would hurt chances at signing stars and it would hurt our chances at re-signing our current stars... Media would be all over this and people all around the league would criticize us... But the Wolves would be quite happy

We dont have cap issues, in fact, we have money to burn. If the cap is going to be 70 million like they say, and we have less than 10 million of it wrapped up in our 2 goalies, we still have 60 million to spend on the rest, which is quite a lot of money.

He is overvalued, this waiting game could backfire

This could be MG's only option.

No way it would ever happen. If he fell flat on his face during the season they might sent him down next year but it's highly unlikely.

It would be awesome if they did.

What happens if the Canucks start the season with both Loungo and Schneider and end up sending Loungo to the wolves to free up cap space. How does that work?? Aren't there waivers or anything like that? I know he has a NTC and not a NMC which from what I understand makes this completely possible. Can anyone shed some light on the realities of this scenario? Thx

That is INSULTING..............in every respect.

I have a loyal personality and seriously if we did a crass thing like that to Lu (not that we ever would, the OP is on the wind up) I would have to question whether this was the team I fell in love with.

This thread should be locked for being absolute nonsense.

That is INSULTING..............in every respect.

I have a loyal personality and seriously if we did a crass thing like that to Lu (not that we ever would, the OP is on the wind up) I would have to question whether this was the team I fell in love with.

This thread should be locked for being absolute nonsense.

What happens if the Canucks start the season with both Loungo and Schneider and end up sending Loungo to the wolves to free up cap space. How does that work?? Aren't there waivers or anything like that? I know he has a NTC and not a NMC which from what I understand makes this completely possible. Can anyone shed some light on the realities of this scenario? Thx

Before Luongo goes to the Wolves he will stay home.

Secondly he wont come back to Vancouver no matter what.

He can afford to take the time off until a deal is done if ever.

This reminds me of Detroit years ago when they signed Curtis Joseph and then went to get Hasek.

Sigh, he doens't have a no movement clause, he has a no trade clause. He can be moved within our organization any way we want to.

So yes, if it becomes a hinderance to our cap we definitely have the option to Redden him into the Wolves.

Archived