Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

Sending Loungo to the Wolves

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#91 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

:picard: :lol:

61c1f524-b05e-4da1-b54d-e7ac1d87c904.jpg

#92 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

This thread is Clutch-worthy on so many levels. Arguably the stupidest thread ever posted on CDC. :picard:

I apologize to the OP if he / she is 8 or under or has developmental delays.

Also, Lu's contract is not good in terms of its length, but, a cap hit of $5.3 for a Top-10-in-the-world keeper seems pretty sound, to me.

The chances of Lu actually playing out his contract are not great, either. Wherever he is playing, there is a good chance that in '18-'19, Lu could be bought out of the last 4 years of his deal for about $4M if he is not playing well enough to justify his cap hit.

:towel: :canucks:

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#93 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

And nobody answers the question. Lol.

Because it's not a question worth answering.

RIP LB RR PD

#94 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,026 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

your a faking meatball

agreed.
I prefer tortellini. with some bacon and a nice cream sauce, lots of cracked pepper...

#95 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

I lol'd when I saw he got a plus 9.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#96 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

I lol'd when I saw he got a plus 9.

And how many pages?

CDC... :picard:

Edited by Special Ed, 02 July 2012 - 12:26 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#97 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

interesting question - theoretically it could happen, and save cap space.

but if you bring him up, and he is claimed (ie. doesn't make it through waivers) the canucks would be on the hook for half his salary and not even have him play for them. plus it would ruin his trade value considerably, as no one is going to pay for someone that won't make it through waivers... he would be stuck in the minors and have no value.

so even though you could theoretically do it to save cap space, it would be a very poor decision unless the nucks don't care about that 60 million or so they still owe him... last I checked, that wasn't chump change.

although they could do it for a few months after a trading deadline ... he could come up without waivers the next year. but it would be just stupid for them to do so, would never ever happen - a waste of cap space if they did this (even if they don't trade one of the goaltenders)

Edited by canucksnihilist, 02 July 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#98 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

The chances of Lu actually playing out his contract are not great, either. Wherever he is playing, there is a good chance that in '18-'19, Lu could be bought out of the last 4 years of his deal for about $4M if he is not playing well enough to justify his cap hit.

actually, the chances of him playing out his contract are very good - goaltenders seem to hold up until they are 40 or so... and lu has the talent and smarts to change his game to suit age-related performance... his play may even be almost indistinguishable from this last year...

ergo that is why MG is trying to get a hockey deal and not just dump salary

Edited by canucksnihilist, 02 July 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#99 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,956 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Edited by avelanch, 02 July 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#100 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Doesn't matter... Burke will claim him off of waivers for free.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#101 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

Wow, maybe two or three intelligent posts in 3 pages and counting. Despite its blasphemous nature the OP asks a very valid question. Let's just say that Lou has told the messiah (MG) that he will ONLY go to FLA and MG can't get anything of value for him because FLA doesn't want any part of Lou and he refuses to go elsewhere. MG could simply wash his hands of Lou by sending him to the Wolves. Problem is he would have to keep him there forever or trade him once he's there (provided Lou has gotten the message by then and waives his NTC) since if he brought him back he would lose him for nothing AND still be on the hook for something like 20 million bucks. Since the entire NHL would know what is going on it is highly unlikely that any team (other than perhaps FLA) would claim him since he would probably refuse to report so the risk is pretty low IMHO. It would definitely be a punitive move but if Lou decides he's going to play hardball then it is the only valid threat/weapon that Gillis has. People who insist that Lou is all team first and selfless make me laugh; his history certainly indicates otherwise.

#102 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Lol sending players you signed a ntc with and send them to the minors to force them to waive it... Make the organization look classless and sure will make any big name player from elsewhere wanting to ever sign with the canucks.

#103 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

stupid long albatross contract...gonna be hard to trade

#104 canucks_qc

canucks_qc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

...Since the entire NHL would know what is going on it is highly unlikely that any team (other than perhaps FLA) would claim him since he would probably refuse to report so the risk is pretty low IMHO...

I can easilly tell you if Roberto Luongo is on the waivers at least half of the team will claim him. The worst team would ''win'' him. Luongo will be forced to play for that team no matter what, if he refused to play for that team he will be sitting at home and he will be suspended without his salary. Just remember of Evgeni Nabokov last year(2010-11), he was playing in the KHL decide to quit and come back in the NHL, Detroit offer him a contract, but because he was playing in another league he had to clear the waivers, the Islanders claimed him, he refused to play for them, what happen, the NHL said to him you have a one year contract with the Islanders if you don't want to play for them you will not play for any other team if they aren't trading you. So he had to play one complete season with NYI at 0,57m$.

So coming back to Luongo if the Canucks put him on the waivers, a team will claim him, if he refuse to play for them he will stay at home and his salary wouldnt even count against their cap, until he accept to play.

We have more than we think in common with ''Le Canadien de Montréal''

Both have logo shapped in ''C''

Canadien and Canucks mean the samething

We both hate the Boston Bruins now

Alain Vigneault coached both teams

Rogers Arena, Centre Bell, it's phones company

We are blue white and green they are blue white and red

Our #1 goalie is from Qc, their #1 goalie is from BC

But we have one important thing different and I hope it will change after the next season, we don't have Stanley Cup banner

#105 smokes

smokes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

This thread is another reason why many Vancouver fans can be categorized as a pack of hyenas. Lets send Luongo, the guy who hold most of the Canuck goalie records, took us to game 7 of the SCF, world class goalies to the minors because it's good for the cap hit. Do people know decency around here? Learn to be a human being sometime. Send him to the minors? Do the respectable thing and send him to another team for a draft pick. That's the least the Canucks organization can do. Send him to the minors...I said it once and I'll keep saying it. The Canucks deserve a Stanley Cup, the Canucks fan does not.

#106 geebster

geebster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

For what it's worth, it's "spelt", not "spelled".

Both are correct. As are "learned' and "learnt".

#107 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

lol Attention whore.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#108 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

OP is taking a run against that thread with so many facepalm. :picard:

Edited by GSS Corp., 03 July 2012 - 11:20 PM.

Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#109 klw604

klw604

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

You kidding me ?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.