The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LeTour - Tour de France 2012

So today is the last chance for the GC riders to overhaul Wiggo. But with another TT coming up, whoever does breakaway from the peloton will need a hefty lead in the GC by the end, cos Wiggo will catch up again in the last TT. Hoping for some actual racing today.

it seems evans is done ..excepted he starts a counter attack tomorrow

also last chance for nibali tomorow cuz he´s not that good at the time trails

from german site..another strong stage from jens voigt..well done for a 40 years old guy

voeckler makes history another time...for me the true hero of the tour untill now..what a fighter

Yeah that was a fantastic ride from the King of the Mountains, Tommy V. Majestic, even.

And what a ride from Wiggins too - Nibali attacked on the last two climbs but Eiggo reeled him back in. Pure class.

So while not being massively exciting, today was one of this Tour's better days.

What a way to end the 2012 tour, it moved me to a tear in my eye. Growing up I never thought I'd see a British rider win the Tour and to see a British 1, 2 finish just brings a smile to my face. The final lap around Paris was awesome today, so glad that Team Sky and Cavendish could pull it off. What a sight it was to see Bradley Wiggins lead out the train for the final sprint. What a tour. I'm one proud British lady today, I've got high hopes for Team GB in the Olympics, I'm really looking forward to next Saturday's race.

Magnificent.

I've got high hopes for Froome in the future. Brilliant.

One of my earliest sporting memories is of Chris Boardman winning gold at the Olympics. I thought that was amazing. And never thought I'd look at Chris Boardman as anything other than Britain's best cyclist ever. But now - with Hoy, Kenny, Wiggo, Cav and Froome? He might not make the top five after this Olympics!!! Astonishing riding from the three lads, I hope they're ready for the big one.

Congratulations to bradley wiggins and the sky team for a very dominating performance in this years tour .

I think the course and the amount of time trials in this years event suited wiggins and he took full advantage of this . i am glad to hear that next year's course is a lot tougher with a lot more of the famous mountain stages included , this should make for better racing .

Archived