The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Justin Schultz to Oilers

Well I guess ice time is just so much more important to some players then the idea/chance of winning a Stanley cup with your so called favorite team!

Best of luck to Schultz.........you're going to really need it if you want a chance at Lord Stanely's cup anytime soon.

some of you fans are tools blaming Gillis, y because he didn't offer a kid who hasn't played one game in the NHL 25 mins a game...please you fans have zero reasoning...am happy he didn't come here he sounds like a pre Madonna already and i won't want that in our dressing room...whereever he signs they will talk highly of him but we don't need players like that in our dressing room there are plenty of good proven nhl defenceman available in the FA pool we can get.

^ this

The mature responses indicate that he's likely made the right choice for himself.

I don't get it - why play for a team that supports you when you win and boos you when you lose?

Two years removed from those playoffs and people want Luongo shipped out.

Besides, Schultz has a much better chance at making a bigger impact one day. Here in Vancouver, it could be a career ender.

Best post in thread.

Others probably have low IQ or don't watch much hockey.

"Guess Schultz doesn't want to win a cup". Canucks have yet to win a cup in 40 + years.

Edmonton doesn't have a strong core? They have the best young core of players in the league. A place where Schultz can grow with.

But ofcourse had he signed in Vancouver he would not have the label of Diva im guessing right? lol so sad

lol go read my other posts, i didnt want him here since i first heard bout him demanding ice time n a top 4 roll when he hasn't proved anything at nhl level.

How upset do you think he's going to be when he makes his first trip to Rogers Arena, a place hes been dreaming of playing in since a child... And gets booed by the home fans. Screw you, Schultz!

Geez, so many butthurt fans.

And AV's recent treatment of young players probably did have some factor in his decision. He knows that Bieksa will be on the ice even though he has been a turnover machine the entire game. Edler will get more ice time as he gets more mental breakdowns. And we still gotta do something about Ballard and his contract. Are we stringing Ballard along for the ride or are we actually going to try and use him?

And LOL to ppl using the "I guess he doesn't want a cup" argument. Like we have a lot of cups in our 41 years? Our team doesn't look it is going to change a lot next season, so what makes you think our luck will be better next year? Oilers are poised to become very deadly in the next 3 seasons and Ottawa did a lot better in the playoffs than we did.

How upset do you think he's going to be when he makes his first trip to Rogers Arena, a place hes been dreaming of playing in since a child... And gets booed by the home fans. Screw you, Schultz!

lol, only 5% of the arena will even know who Schultz is.

Archived