The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Justin Schultz to Oilers

I think a lot of the reasons some of us are so annoyed by this announcement is because of the fact that he is supped to be a Canucks fan and as Canuck fans we can not understand (AV aside) why anyone would not want to play for their favorite team. Especially when that team is one of the best teams in the league and is a cup contender! This is especially even more crazy when you have a player who is suppose to be a fan over look your team for another team that isn't very good. To me as a Fan I would rather my team when a Stanley cup then anything, so thus if I could play hockey and I was good enough to be in the same situation as Schultz is in I would choose the team I felt I had a better chance to win the cup with and the fact that this team happens to be my favorite would be icing on the cake. Instead he is choosing another team, probably Edmonton, which as we all know doesn't really have a good chance at even making the playoffs. However, if he chooses the Sens then i guess I sort of can see why, he would get more mins with the Sens and he still has a chance at making the playoffs. So basically this whole point is moot if he doesn't choose Edmonton.

Calm down people, we didnt NEED him, Oilers did, sure he would have made an awesome cheap addition and he would become our top prospect right away, we don't need someone who doesn't want to earn their icetime and doesn't have a team mentality, (Hodgson). Good luck in your career kid, its too bad you couldnt do it with us. I for one can't wait to see some Oilers games lol, they are friggin STACKED.

Yeah lets throw 5 million per at this guy only to get royally screwed over when he turns out to be a dud because he doesn't have Brian Campbell feeding him passes on the PP. Garrison has 1 good year and n he's an elite D that can command big bucks...

No chance in hell Gillis signs him for what he's asking.

Because Schultz is so proven..

Yeah lets throw 5 million per at this guy only to get royally screwed over when he turns out to be a dud because he doesn't have Brian Campbell feeding him passes on the PP. Garrison has 1 good year and now he's an elite D that can command big bucks...

No chance in hell Gillis signs him for what he's asking.

And the Sedin's and Edler are scrubs? I think Garrison would be a lot better on the PP with 2 elite passers and a good one in Edler, he'll be fine.

Id actually feel sorry for the opposite goalie and Kesler standing in front with Garrison and Edler shooting bombs at the net on the PP

Oh well. We'll save our cap space for proven players.

The fact is you need young players to produce in the early years of their careers when their not making the big bucks yet to win a cup. I honestly think AV had a huge influence on why he did not sign here. He's seen how poorly he handles young players and didn't want to sit in the doghouse if he made one bad pass.

only really upset about this because he's a BC boy.

I don't really want Garrison. Again he's gaining big amounts of favour on these boards because he is from White Rock. Asking way too much and he doesn't address what we really need in my opinion. Need a rock solid, dependable top 4 defenseman, not a PP specific guy.

Damn I want Willie Mitchell back...

Two years removed from those playoffs and people want Luongo shipped out.

No, we want Luongo shipped out because Schneider waited patiently for three years and didn't say a word - but three games after Luongo (rightfully) got shown the bench, he asks to be traded passive-agressively hints that he wants to be traded (same thing for all intents and purposes). Three games. Team-players don't do that after three games.

Good riddance.

Archived