Canucks Community

[Signing] Justin Schultz to Oilers

Tomorrow better look like this:

Sign Garisson 4m/3 years =12 m

Trade Luongo: Bjugstad, Upshall, 2nd

Sign Peter Mueller: 2 years, 2.85 per

or:

Sign 1 of Parise/Weber/Suter

Then all will be okay Until these things happen, this team will always be just plain old decent.

Um....How to they sign Weber?

its funny to see that "guranteed" playing time was that big of a factor for this kid. Look at Nikita Filatov last year, Ottawa promised him a shot at a 2nd line role and after 9 games he was assigned to the AHL. It doesnt matter who you are you have to earn your keep in this league or you dont play simple as that.

What happens if Shultz play 3 season with Edmonton plays the way we expect him to then signs a life time contract with Vancouver. Everything is a possibility if given a chance; I still think there's a chance for the 5 teams to still sign him even if people from Toronto say no.

What indications do you have that he is too much of a diva?.. Just because he didn't sign with us doesn't mean anything.

He's got a great opportunity in edmonton to grow into a core of players his age. All those kids are going to be rockstars in that city over the next decade and I'm sure he's going to have alot of fun playing with them.

Signing with us he wouldnt have the supporting cast entering their prime all at once so I can understand his decision.

It's easy to say you would sign with your favorite team as fans but I've never played sports at the levels he has do I cannot judge him for the decision he makes. He's just a guy coming from the same roots as us and I wish him all the best.

I will however cheer against him with Canuck pride once the puck drops just as I do against iginla and Smyth.

He could have simply released a statement saying who he was going to play with, instead of letting this play out. Most hockey analysts said he decided last night. He eliminated 3 teams, and now with 2 teams left, he is sitting on his decision again.

Could be a blessing.

Garrison will be goiung FA route. He has been very clear that he would love to play in Vancouver and that it isn't all about finances but it has to be the "right fit".

Expectations are he will be offered $5M +/-. IF the Nucks woo him, he might give them a hometown discount. Let's say $4.25-$4.5M. Schultz had the potential to make $3.875M.

Garrison is bigger, stronger, meaner and has offensive upside. He's ready NOW for a top 4 role and could play alongside Edler and likely do PP time as well.

MG has made room dropping Grags and Rome and with Salo coming in at <$2M, Garrison should be a definite target. MG may have already been leaning this eay which is why he was not willing to assure the Schultz kid of anything but a fair chance to earnhis spot.

Archived