The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Justin Schultz to Oilers

I'm sorry but Garrison isn't going to make that big of a difference. Dude is so overrated he reminds me of Justin Schultz but more expensive.

only really upset about this because he's a BC boy.

I don't really want Garrison. Again he's gaining big amounts of favour on these boards because he is from White Rock. Asking way too much and he doesn't address what we really need in my opinion. Need a rock solid, dependable top 4 defenseman, not a PP specific guy.

Damn I want Willie Mitchell back...

True that to the tenth power.

Boy, I was sure wrong with my assessment that Schultz would sign with the Canucks...too bad if he signs with someone else. He would have been a great PROSPECT to have.

The opportunity for him to develop into an elite NHL d-man would probably have been the greatest with the Canucks, but if he doesn't see it that way, I suppose that is his right.

He did the right thing by listening to the offers that were presented to him. Obviously, I don't agree with his decision, but at the end of the day, who am I, or who are we to impose our wishes onto Schultz? It's the kid's life and career and he has every right to choose the path he wants. Maybe that path comes through Vancouver at a later time, when he's a more proven player.

IF, and that's still a big IF, he made his decision because MG and the Canucks refused to provide him with the surety of a line-up spot and ice time, then I'm glad for the stand that MG/AV/et. al. took. The mantra with the Canucks has been you earn your roster spot, so I am glad that organizational integrity was not compromised.

Good luck to Schultz....it's too bad, but buddy is making the wrong decision for himself.

Not jumping on the Schultz hate wagon, It sucks but he's only doing what's best for his career. Word was AV or MG couldn't guarantee him a roster spot. That's business. Edmonton's going to be a force in the next few years so MG better get crackin'!

You sort of have to expect it when the oilers brought out the big guns (Gretzky and Coffey) and Gillis didn't promise ice time. He should have at least lied to to Schultz by promising him ice time with Edler. Oh well, lets hope he's a bust.

you don't lie to a player so that he will sign with you, that's fu*ked up

Archived