The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Justin Schultz to Oilers

He probably doesn't want to have fans like you guys. lol Plus Gretzky was in on it. But the positive is.. He can get NHL time there, and eventually become a free agent and move to Vancouver after he has proven himself. But we'll see how that goes.

Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed about this and can't wait until tomorrow to see how Gillis reacts.

You can't blame the guy for making a decision that will affect his entire career which says a little something about our team and how we treat our young players.

I think AV is a good coach but MG made a mistake bringing him back.. we needed to move on and needed someone who's willing to make bolder moves and let the kids make some mistakes.

MG said that we're trying to emulate Detroit's organization but the entire vibe just feels different.. guys like helm and abdelkaeder got the chance to prove themselves while so many of our touted prospects didn't get anywhere.

I know AV has let a few guys grow like Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Tanev.. but it seems like there are more instances where he possibly dropped the ball

Always bitching about AV, listen I dont like te guy either BUT Is this AV fault or is his MG fault? AV has not had a NEED to have our prospects prove themselves because MG is always filling holes with free agents.

Whatever you feel the problem may be, It is always more than one persons fault in an organization. And its not just MG an AV it comes down to our various coaching staff and iur amatuer AND pro scouts too.

Calm down. I don't get why the Canucks fan should be mad. It's not like he has a set spot on this roster anyways. Sure, it would be nice to have him but now he gets to develop in Edmonton. The Canucks need to win now, and already have Tanev playing the kid. We need a veteran defense man.

Him being a fan means nothing, and him wanting minutes is ideal. He's done nothing wrong here, folks. It's not his fault the media was all over his butt.

The voice of reason.

Would have been great to have him but he made the decision that I would have made so I can't be mad at him. He wants to be the top guy and he's going to be that on the Oilers. Also I was worried about how Tanev would feel about us replacing him with Schultz, I would be pissed off.

Can't wait to kick his and his teams @ss 3-4 times a year, gonna be really fun, especially when the Oilers are not going to make the playoffs for some time...all the 1st overal picks in the world couldn't get it done :lol:

...hate this guy now, though I never liked him - very overrated for a guy who's never played 1 professional NHL game..

F**K schultz, his loss.

our lineup without any additions so far:

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Salo?

ballard-Tanev

still better than edmonton's crap defence. Edmonton's gonna get a cup in a few years, but after those elc's burn up, ohhh man its gonna bea garage sale up in there.

that's pretty much the same defense we had last season who were defenseless against the LA Kings.

We really need to win the Cup now before Edmonton goes on a roll. It sucks that we still need to bolster our defense and centre position but an unproven defensive rookie was not going to fix that.

Here's hoping to a Lu trade happening sometime at the deadline to bring in someone big or five.

Lol. Cause Edmonton has SO much depth on there team. They have half a second line, no third or fourth linr, no proven goaltending and no one on the backend that can shutdown any star players.

Edmonton as they are now are going to be President Trophy winners and that's it. They dont have the grit, size or defense to win any Cups.

Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed about this and can't wait until tomorrow to see how Gillis reacts.

You can't blame the guy for making a decision that will affect his entire career which says a little something about our team and how we treat our young players.

I think AV is a good coach but MG made a mistake bringing him back.. we needed to move on and needed someone who's willing to make bolder moves and let the kids make some mistakes.

MG said that we're trying to emulate Detroit's organization but the entire vibe just feels different.. guys like helm and abdelkaeder got the chance to prove themselves while so many of our touted prospects didn't get anywhere.

I know AV has let a few guys grow like Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Tanev.. but it seems like there are more instances where he possibly dropped the ball

The fact that the Red Wings (the best organization in the NHL), were the first ones out on Schultz, should say it all. You don't guarantee ice-time to players who don't deserve it. That just sends a bad message to everyone on your team.

We haven't had highly touted prospects outside of Hodgson, and he was a prima donna. It's not AV's fault that the Canucks drafting up until recently has been pretty poor for the most part.

Archived