633 replies to this topic

#511 Messien10

Messien10

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

It's nice to see that even special needs kids can interact on the internet.

You just put your self so high above him with that beauty of a post.

Edited by Messien10, 30 June 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#512 16mark

16mark

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

OHH NO, how could we miss out on signing a completely unproven and zero experience young D man for an overpriced salary!

Overpriced? He'd come in at under a million. Only if he hits his bonuses would it be more. And if he's hitting his bonuses he's worth the money.

#513 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Assistant to Regional Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,535 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

And to think at one point Anaheim had Jake Gardiner and Justin Schultz in their system..

EHRHOFF WATCH 2015/16
rsz_0121christian_ehrhoff_jeff_vinnicknh

#514 miked1101

miked1101

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

In my opinion Schultz should have waited it out until December to make a decision.

#515 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOW COULD HE????

Shultz has officially chosen the Oilers.... this tells me that he would rather be a star player on a last place team rather than a solid contributor on a first place team. I wonder why this sounds familiar? Oh ya, Hodgson did the same thing.

So, Mr. Schultz, go have fun finishing last with Edmonton.... We can sign Ryan Suter or Jason Garrison or Matt Carle and move on just fine without his services.

Mike Gillis always says that when the Canucks are looking at aquiring a player one of the most important things they look for is personality. If Schultz made the decision to be a star player on a bad team, then I'd say he is an example of the self-centered player that MG is not interested in aquiring.

But having said all this..... I am still really really really mad that Schultz didn't sign with us!!!

My rant is done :towel:

Oilers cup window is going to open in the next few years.
Canucks cup window is arguably closed.

Smart move by Justin. He's going to excel in Edmonton.

#516 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

What a buncha losers you all are, we lost out bigtime suck it up.

Boooo to all of you crybabies.

And for all you that think the oil are contenders now or anytime soon you are forgetting one thing, they have 0 goaltending and all the scoring in the world can't fix that

Edited by Noheart, 30 June 2012 - 04:13 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#517 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

What painful words to read. True, but painful nonetheless.

#518 16mark

16mark

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

We never found a replacment for Ehrhoff, J.S. could have been that. The sedins would have made him into that. The smooth skating defencman that our pp was missing all season long. well i hope Kassian can play like a stud this year and i hope tanev is good enough to take a top 4 spot, Getting Garrison and Trading Luongo is where MG focus should be, hopfully we can get a strong 2 way 3rd line stud center for Luongo. Make it happen MG.

#519 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

He made a career decision. HOpe it works out for him. Didn't know he was really going to take the easy way to the NHL. MIke Gillis doesn't like making promises. But true, bunch of you canucks fans making yourself look very stupid now, just like the rioters. In the end of the day, he chose a rising team.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#520 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Signing Tootoo and Garrison at reasonable prices and getting something substantial back for Luongo are what his focuses should be in my opinion.

#521 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

He made a career decision. HOpe it works out for him. Didn't know he was really going to take the easy way to the NHL. MIke Gillis doesn't like making promises. But true, bunch of you canucks fans making yourself look very stupid now, just like the rioters. In the end of the day, he chose a rising team. I am happy this is over with. Best of luck to him. AT the same time I do hope Oiler fans stay classy. NO need rubbing it into our face, or coming in calling CAnucks "Cry babies". Canucks fans calling Canucks fans cry babies, ok, OIlers fans coming in saying, it, a no good.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#522 miked1101

miked1101

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

Love the self-hating Canucks "fans"... Do you people only come to these forums or do you realize that ALOT of people on the internet are idiots/racist/etc? And likening the JS bashers to the rioters... :picard:

Edited by miked1101, 30 June 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#523 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

Noooo!

#524 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

but honestly I hope he doesn't get booed...... it doesen't make sense if he does. He chose a team that met more of his demands. nothing more. Move on. I do hope Kassian levels him though. :towel:

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#525 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

but honestly I hope he doesn't get booed...... it doesen't make sense if he does. He chose a team that met more of his demands. nothing more. Move on. I do hope Kassian levels him though. :towel:

boo the crap out of him.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#526 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Time go go after Weber via offer sheet....
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#527 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Last Page view. On iPhone.

#528 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

If Schultz wants to play, Edmonton would be the best fit for him. They have a young group, and he will be able to grow alongside them. While he may still be a Canucks fan at heart, it just makes the most sense for somebody like him. I doubt there is anything personal to this decision; rather, it is a wise career move. As Canucks fans, we will be biased, some more than others. As always, a player becomes a deity when he signs with the home team; when he chooses someone else, our perception of him changes entirely.

If you have any dignity, you would respect an individual for his decision. Regardless of where he went, he would have made the same amount of money. It was about ice time, and he chose a team with a tremendous future.

Congratulations to the Oilers.

Edited by WeatherWise, 30 June 2012 - 04:40 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#529 Systemaddict

Systemaddict

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

Nuck's have this year and next 'open' since their core is still signed - can't argue that. It's much of the same team that made it to the finals. Whether it's good enough to do it, who knows.

Edmonton is in a similar boat to Chicago though - they'll be excellent for many, many years. But their prime 'window' is the next 2-4 before their team becomes too expensive. After this coming season they'll have some HUGE contracts to dish out, even more the year after and the again the year after. Now, if Tambellini earns his keep - he'll make some moves with the pieces he has and keep the real core of players he needs while adding cheaper, compliment pieces to surround it. He does that, the window stays open.

#530 kessywessy

kessywessy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Edmonton is now set for the next 2-3 years.

#531 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOW COULD HE????

Shultz has officially chosen the Oilers.... this tells me that he would rather be a star player on a last place team rather than a solid contributor on a first place team. I wonder why this sounds familiar? Oh ya, Hodgson did the same thing.

So, Mr. Schultz, go have fun finishing last with Edmonton.... We can sign Ryan Suter or Jason Garrison or Matt Carle and move on just fine without his services.

Mike Gillis always says that when the Canucks are looking at aquiring a player one of the most important things they look for is personality. If Schultz made the decision to be a star player on a bad team, then I'd say he is an example of the self-centered player that MG is not interested in aquiring.

But having said all this..... I am still really really really mad that Schultz didn't sign with us!!!

My rant is done :towel:

Your a idiot fanboy , Edmonton keeps adding great young players and you think they are going to keep finishing last ?

When it was revealed his priorities were ice time on a Canadian NHL team and Edmonton was his favorite city i think for the few here that look at things with out there homer blinders could see the writing was on the wall .

The oilers had so much in there favor in this , A Great core group of young players that are his age that he can grow with and a real need for a player like him and a real shot at getting top 2 ice time really soon
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#532 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Nuck's have this year and next 'open' since their core is still signed - can't argue that. It's much of the same team that made it to the finals. Whether it's good enough to do it, who knows.

Edmonton is in a similar boat to Chicago though - they'll be excellent for many, many years. But their prime 'window' is the next 2-4 before their team becomes too expensive. After this coming season they'll have some HUGE contracts to dish out, even more the year after and the again the year after. Now, if Tambellini earns his keep - he'll make some moves with the pieces he has and keep the real core of players he needs while adding cheaper, compliment pieces to surround it. He does that, the window stays open.

I'd still say Vancouver is one solid d-man and a top six forward away from making a serious run. If they don't obtain those, they have no chance. Teams like the Blues, Blackhawks and Kings will give the Canucks trouble. The Red Wings will as well if they acquire Suter.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect, 30 June 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#533 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Karma payback for the Pronger situation? :lol:

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#534 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Your a idiot fanboy ,

Nice
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#535 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

@adater: From a player who shall go unnamed: "(Schultz) better strap on his helmet pretty tight."

Probably a Duck, some of his former teammates had already spoken out when he left. They are pretty pissed, not because he left, but they way he left.

#536 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Not gonna bash the kid. But I am going to question Canucks ability to recruit players .... again.

Last summer they let their PP quarterback go, and could only attract 4th liners and Sturm. This summer, it was rumored GMs around the league thought Canucks were front runner for Schultz. Now he signs with a different team.

I hope Gillis has a plan. There is a grant total of 1 PP quarterback on the market this summer, they don't become available very often - Gillis has already failed to sign 2 of them. Nucks also have 4 other massive holes to fill (top 4 d-man to play w/ Edler, 3rd line cetnre, playmaker for Kes and backup for Cory). I just hope there's a plan.

What does this have to do with Canucks ability to recruit , Shultz is a person who in the end made the best decision for himself and as much you fanboys cant except it Edmonton is a very good choice for his career and anyone weighing out there options with a level head would have done the same

Edited by ccc44, 30 June 2012 - 04:50 PM.

Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#537 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,649 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

If Schultz wants to play, Edmonton would be the best fit for him. They have a young group, and he will be able to grow alongside them. While he may still be a Canucks fan at heart, it just makes the most sense for somebody like him. I doubt there is anything personal to this decision; rather, it is a wise career move. As Canucks fans, we will be biased, some more than others. As always, a player becomes a deity when he signs with the home team; when he chooses someone else, our perception of him changes entirely.

If you have any dignity, you would respect an individual for his decision. Regardless of where he went, he would have made the same amount of money. It was about ice time, and he chose a team with a tremendous future.

Congratulations to the Oilers.

If Lidstrom had taken the approach Schultz did, he wouldn't have put in his time with Detroit and likely would not have won the cups or individual awards he did.

Can't help but think the kid took the short-cut to fame and fortune and may have been better served learning his trade for a couple years before going for reaching for the brass ring.

Time will tell.

#538 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Nice

Thanks
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#539 prana16

prana16

Canucks Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

meh this just shows what kinda of character he has, demanding a top 4 role n certain amount of minutes im glad hes not coming to the canucks.

Apparently he has the character to what to be on the ice and make a difference. His contract was 3mil + whether he was a number 6 or a number 2. Judging his character because he wants to play is ridiculous. Normally a guy wanting to play 20min a game for his big contract is better than a guy who only wants to play 10min for the same big contract.

The fans calling this guy a brat and questioning his character because he made a personal decision THAT HE WAS ENTIRELY ENTITLED TO MAKE is beyond pathetic.

#540 Nicklasjensen46

Nicklasjensen46

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

easy guys. Why pay big bucks for garrison? or suter? Or guarantee a guy with no NHL experience playing time when we have numberous Defencemen ready to go.

Wait til next year and sign weber. Our defence is fine. Plus never know may get a good dman from florida.

My 2012 Canucks
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Hodgson
Sturm Malhotra Hansen
Sammuelson Lapiere Oreskovich

Hamhuis Bieska
Edler Salo
Tanev Ballard
Luongo Schnieder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.