The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Justin Schultz to Oilers

Give him a break, if Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey called you and tried to convince you to play for the Oilers, I'm sure any hockey player would do so without a second thought, plus Edmonton's only getting stronger as they load up on prospects and picks

Any hockey player would without a second thought? Really? Read what you wrote and then see how silly it sounds.

What the F are you talking about.

1. Oilers are building a new arena as we speak

2. The Oilers now have five top 4 defencemen.

3. Dubnyk can go either way, just like Schnieder

4. Oilers were one of the best places to coach. It was recently that the coaches started coming in and out.

5. The Oilers have one owner, Darryl Katz of Rexall pharmacies. He is one of the richest people in Canada.

6. All players hit free agency, same time or not it doesn't make much of a difference

Dubnyk will never be Schnieder. Don't compare the two please.

A higher cap hit than Burrows for a player who has yet to play a single NHL game!? No thanks.

I'm beginning to think MG may not have offered full bonuses to the kid, considering his lack of NHL experience. Doing so could have hurt the team bad if the kid turned out to be a dud this year.

MG probably touted how great of a situation playing in VAN is with a great organization rather than trying to buy off the kid with $$$ or ice time.

According to capgeek his cap hit will be 3.775 million.

Wow are you serious?? I thought his cap hit was 925,000 and the rest was in bonuses and didn't count towards the cap. If your right and his cap hit is 3.8 mill I'm glad we didn't sign him. That's way to much for an unproven rookie who's never played an NHL game. That would have put up there with Edler.

4. Oilers were one of the best places to coach. It was recently that the coaches started coming in and out.

5. The Oilers have one owner, Darryl Katz of Rexall pharmacies. He is one of the richest people in Canada.

6. All players hit free agency, same time or not it doesn't make much of a difference

1. That looks like something that came out of The Jetsons

2. The Oilers are softer than a slice of soggy pizza.

3. Dubynk can go either way like Schneider?! HAHAHAHAHA Oh man thanks for the good chuckle.

4. I'm not sure if you're talking about the 80's.

5. So in other words, he's a part of why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Gotcha.

6. How does it not make a difference? This window to compete soon is going to close quicker than King Kong on the Empire State Building.

Are you really serious about your 2nd point?

bad career move by him IMO - theres a reason all the big name d-men in the last decade have wanted out of edmonton... not only does the city suck, the winters suck more, but he will pretty much HAVE to be lidstrom for the oilers to have success... they haven't drafted or planned for defensive success - and mark my words, oilers fans will turn on him in a matter of months when they figure out he can't singlehandedly defend every rush.

and really... is an undersized offensive d-man really what the oilers need?

grats to them on getting a free prospect - but the oilers still suck, and will continue to suck unless they land weber or suter... or both

I am a die hard Canuck fan, and I hate the majority of Canuck fans. There is a reason I almost never post. Listening to the logic of Canucks fans makes me dumber. With that aside, read how irrational most of you are because he didn't sign here. I wouldn't want to play here either.

Schultz made no promise to sign with vancouver....just a load of canuck fans on the cdc who are butt hurt because a highly touted prospect did not want to come play for our organization.

there is no bad karma for him. he wanted to play with a younger core. accept that. move on.

ok there, your enthusiasm is admirable, but your grasp on reality needs a bit of tuning.

Archived