The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Justin Schultz to Oilers

What's with the hate?

And how is it AV's fault that Schultz didn't sign here? Tanev managed to earn his minutes under AV, so Schultz being a very talented player should be able to do the same.

Here is something interesting

Tanev is now 22 years old and Schultz will turn 22 soon

Tanev went through the proper development while Schultz is playing top 4 minutes right away let's see how both of them turn out after let's say 5 years.

I know Tanev is not as talented as Schultz but he has played in some high pressure situation and performed well... so let's just wait and see

I just think all of us that are upset are looking for a glimmer of possitivity, and joy that we have be shunned out of for the past little while. We came a game away from winning a cup. We get kicked out in the first round this year. We just want to have something to look forward to and be happy about. Always coming up a little short sucks. Can we get Weber or Gudbranson or something to look forward to this summer MG PLEASE. I know I might sound irrational, but getting a guy like shultz would have been something to look forward to. I guess I just have an appetite for instant satisfaction.

Can't believe people are whining so much and taking it personally. He made his decision, get over it. There wasn't anything more the Canucks could have done. We couldn't offer him more money, and we couldn't have Gretzky call him either. The only thing we could have done is promise him ice time, but it would be stupid and unfair to our other prospects to guarantee a roster spot to a guy who has never played an NHL game. I would have loved to have his hockey skills on the Canucks, but I'm not gonna go cry about it.

What's with the hate?

And how is it AV's fault that Schultz didn't sign here? Tanev managed to earn his minutes under AV, so Schultz being a very talented player should be able to do the same.

Here is something interesting

Tanev is now 22 years old and Schultz will turn 22 soon

Tanev went through the proper development while Schultz is playing top 4 minutes right away let's see how both of them turn out after let's say 5 years.

I know Tanev is not as talented as Schultz but he has played in some high pressure situation and performed well... so let's just wait and see

Right on, exactly. This is the reason we can call Schultz selfish...

penguins did this...chicago did this...capitals did this...ducks did this...soo...it works?

Ducks didn't really do it. Perry and Getzlaf were later first round picks, and Niedermeyer and Pronger were acquire through a signing and a trade.

Archived