The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Justin Schultz to Oilers

I want a 4th line that torpedo's him every time they fore-check and the Sedins to completely undress him with their wizardry.

Maybe Kesler can draw a penalty with a dive or something too,

lol that's pretty much all Kesler is good at these days

Think logically everyone. Who thought with AV as coach that Shultz would get anywhere near top pairing minutes as a Canuck.

Despite him being a BC boy this was not a viable choice for him. You know with Edmonton or Ottawa he's gonna get assurances to log big minutes as a top 4.

All this he's from BC and Canucks were his favorite team and his parents are season's tickets holders was just a smokescreen to give Canucks fans a glimmer of hope.

I hope he goes to Edmonton because he'll be given a great opportunity to grow with that young and up and coming team.

Can't believe how fast people turned on this kid just cause we're out. If anyone is the sell-out, its you guys who are degrading Justin. Kid is making a personal career decision for himself. Who are you to judge?

I would far rather he take that approach than entirely change the culture of the organization for one kid.

You earn your ice time.

They have said that repeatedly and acted on it. They sat over $4 million in Ballard and veterans like Alberts while bringing up a kid on a two way contract (Tanev) to play instead.

To undermine that and land a kid with no NHL experience is bound to blow up in your face. If he wanted to be on the team he would be. I think they went far enough to fly out to Toronto to meet with him.

when you have a chance to land a kid who would've of been a top 5 pick you do everything you can to land him for free.

It's not MG's fault he doesn't have Wayne Gretzky on speed dial... >_>

if i got a call from gretz it would be cool but he hasnt been apart of that team for so long so whats he gonna say about the current oilers that noone else knows or can see

Archived