The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Just my opinion

CityinFlames

Cancuks fans you are killing me here every time a player decides to sign else where has to be brought to justice with sticks and stones. Let it be that Schultz moved away from his home town, and decided to play for a club that could possibly help greatly in his developmental. It's not like the kid is 30 plus so it's not far fetch to see him playing in Vancouver down the road if he so chose too. I hate saying to people who aren't from Vancouver that I am a fan of the canucks because of all the non fans action's towards the team; it's getting harder to wear my Broduer jersey at the bar without some goon harassing me for liking the Canucks with a kitty phrased word. Lets just support home grown talent and maybe if we respect them they will come if not then why would we want someone who doesn't want to be here.

Well there is a huge difference here, because we were the front runners at one point, we really had a great shot at landing this player.

And as for home grown talent, we traded all the good home grown talent and for some reason we continue to rely on the crappy home grown talent like Raymond.

And if you mean calling up young prospects, when you are one of the top contenders for the cup, it is not the time to call up players who aren't ready to make a big impact at the NHL level.

Some people forget Schultz is a prospect,it's not like signing Weber,Doughty or Suter. He will not step on to many teams and be an immediate impact player, or if his game translates to the NHL level at all. Best of luck to him wherever he lands.

Fact is Justin chose a rival. It's expected the Vancouver fans should not like him now. I want to see him fail, but it's not personal. He joined the opposition and they will try to push us to the bottom. It's a competition and with all due respect. I hate the Oilers. Call me the hater of the year, but I'm hoping they stay at the bottom. Along with Chicago and Calgary. Boston too.

Archived