The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Needs for tommorow and offseason, Playmakers, Depth and Defense

keslerforthecup

Lets start off with a playmaker for the 2nd line, I strongly believe the team needs one because of lack of scoring on the second line and the rotating of players. David Booth and Kesler do not pass, if we get a playmaker, then there stats will definetley improve.

Or take the approach of putting Burrows on the second line which may work, taking into the consideration of the chemistry between Burrows and Kesler. Therefore signing Parise or Semin which Gillis won't do because he doesn't make bold moves.

Then we need to get a 3rd line centre. With Sammy Pahlsson leaving for modo, I don't think Lapierre should fill that position.

I then believe we should get possilby 1 or 2 defencemen or maybe try to get a top defender which is very unlikely.

Finally, we need a backup just in case Eddie Lack doesn't do well in camp.

We can dump space by possibly waiving or trading Maholtra and Alberts, then trading Luongo to possibly fill one of the teams needs.

Excited for tommorow, what things to guys think we need?

playmaker Doan, Parenteua or Whitney D Allen please this guy is a solid d-man and he blocks shot, third line center I think Lappy can handle the pressure and i disagree with you MG does make bold moves he's not gonna make a stupid move like signing Semin who won't even show up for half the season and then the playoffs!

I think we might end up with Mueller, I wouldnt be apposed to that, he's still young and I dont think we have seen the best out of him yet.

I think we should look at getting someone else for the 3rd line, as Lappy would be very effective on the 4th if we could add some wingers (Moss, Armstrong) Here's my Free agent Wishlists:

Top 6 Foward

1. Parise

2. Doan

3. Mueller

4. Parenteau

5. Whitney

Defensemen

1. Suter

2. Garrison

3. Carle

4. Salvador

5. Roszival

I hope the 3rd line center comes through trade as I dont want Gaustad, and I dont see that many other options.

There isn't many forwards available. Team is going to have to trade for one.

Defense should be priority. Get that veteran top 4 defense man that the team has been desperately needing. Then, it's a Kesler replacement who can temporarily play as a 2nd line center, and drop or move to the wing when Kesler is back. Need proven players if they wanna win.

Pareanteau is not the answer. He will bust here.

Hope for a Luongo for Kulemin +

+ Maybe a Garrison signing.

Also would be nice to move Ballard, since he'll be in the dog house anyways. Re-Sign Salo as a bottom pair/extra. Tanev should be a regular.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler XXXX

Hansen Malholtra Higgins

Kassian Lappiere Raymond

Weise

Edler - XXXX

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - Salo

XXXX

Schneider

Luongo/Lack/XXXX

XXXX - Acquisitions

my top 9 forwards

sedin-sedin-doan (adds that gritty element the sedins are missing)

booth-kesler-parenteau (sp?) (this line finally gets the play maker they need in order to get those 65-85 point seasons)

hansen-higgins-burrows ( if you are wondering why i put higgins as center is if i recall correctly he was traded to us as a center so i put him in the center position, but asides from that this line has everything, grit, speed, can defend against other teams top lines, and it can also score goals)

There isn't many forwards available. Team is going to have to trade for one.

Defense should be priority. Get that veteran top 4 defense man that the team has been desperately needing. Then, it's a Kesler replacement who can temporarily play as a 2nd line center, and drop or move to the wing when Kesler is back. Need proven players if they wanna win.

Pareanteau is not the answer. He will bust here.

Hope for a Luongo for Kulemin +

+ Maybe a Garrison signing.

Also would be nice to move Ballard, since he'll be in the dog house anyways. Re-Sign Salo as a bottom pair/extra. Tanev should be a regular.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler XXXX

Hansen Malholtra Higgins

Kassian Lappiere Raymond

Weise

Edler - XXXX

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - Salo

XXXX

Schneider

Luongo/Lack/XXXX

XXXX - Acquisitions

Brad Boyes for the top 6, Raymond and Booth can slot in and out.

Booth - Boyes - Higgins, until Kes gets back.

As for D, I say we re-sign Salo and sign Matt Carle to play along side Edler.

If Carle is not available, I'd say we make a move for Garrison. Penner would be suitable as well if Boyes is not in play.

Doan would be nice, the full package, but I don't in all seriousness see him leaving Phoenix. :huh:

Defencemen in order: Suter,Carle,Garrison,Allen. Carle over Garrison because simply Garrison feels a little bit like a gamble after only 1 good season

Forwards in order: Doan, Whitney, Parise. I think Doan and Whitney would be real great fits on this team. Doan is a power-forward that we really lack, think he would suit on either our 1st or 2nd line. Whitney is a great playmaker that could work well with Kesler and Booth. Parise is obviously the best forward out there, would be a dream if he came, but i think teams will overpay a lot for him.

Wouldn't be too surprised if Gillis goes a little bit off the radar though.

Jensen literally might make it. He lit it up in the AHL and he's only getting stronger and better this offseason, he's big, has really high hockey IQ, etc.

Kassian cant be ruled out for a bigger role next year either,.

It would look like currently Doan is signing in MTL, although he would be #1 #1 #1 choice here too.

Whitney maybe for a year would be key, but he may go back to the Canes to give the Staal brothers a winger to play with.

I think Mueller would be a great UFA. He's at a 'low' in value, which Gillis typically goes for in his 'reclaimation/buy low-sell high' projects. He's a playmaker first, and he's got size if not extremely physical. To top it off he's a right hander and can finish, but as I said already he's a playmaker first.

Parenteau is probably gonna go to Ottawa they'll throw the most money at him.

Archived