The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PLAN B

Special Ed

So it seems like things didn't quite work out for us today. Now I highly doubt we were the only ones a little miffed about Oiler's desperation tactics. Which has landed them a nice prospect(again). And I was thinking that Mike Gillis can't be happy either. After all he gets paid and has a job to do while we're just mere fans.

Positively speaking, Mike Gillis went into 'boss mode' today, after he learned that Lowe had plucked a highly touted FA right from under him. This CAN'T go unanswered. Let's just all think about how frustrated many of us were/are today, now imagine MG. Something is going to go down and we're all going to hear about it real soon.

With smooth handling of the Luongo situation, perhaps one other trade and a free agent or two we can get our mojo back. I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet - although I'm a little shaken, I'm not stirred. There's still a window for us and I'm going to gamble that Mike Gillis is not very happy with today's result.

Oh and there's nothing wrong with 'hatin on The Oilers and Schultz. Just as long as its not personal. As far as him joining the competition and the competition putting on a ridiculous show. Forget them. Forget Schultz and Forget the Oilers. They can just go forget each other.

Anyone that thinks Schultz was plan A needs to give themselves a head shake. A unproven rookie, who probably would have played on the bottom pair. Canucks need the cup now, we don't know what they'll look like in 3-5 years when Schultz is at his prime. We need veterans, guys that can play now.

You think Gillis and company gave it their "all"? They flew, spoke with em for a couple hours and left. Considering the pitches the other teams made, it doesn't even compare.

Anyone would want a free young player, but it was far from Plan A.

Unless you have some insider knowledge. I'm not sure how you can guarantee that acquiring Schultz for nothing was not a plan A. We don't know what was said behind closed doors and it very well could have been part of a plan. All I'm saying is that MG is going to be motivated after today. You don't just fly out and make a pitch to a highly regarded FA for nothing.

It's pretty damn obvious. Does a contending team ever think that what will cost them the cup is a guy who hasn't even played in the NHL?

Oh no, we didn't sign Schultzy. Just give up now.

Gillis has flown out to check out several of prospects. It's his job.

Cost us a cup? I'm not sure how you got that or what your hang up Seems to be. It's about improving the team and you have no clue nor I, what's going on behind the scene. This could have very well been a key part of what Gillis wanted to do. I'm ok with what's going on and just saying that MG is motivated now to make something good happen.

So it seems like things didn't quite work out for us today. Now I highly doubt we were the only ones a little miffed about Oiler's desperation tactics. Which has landed them a nice prospect(again). And I was thinking that Mike Gillis can't be happy either. After all he gets paid and has a job to do while we're just mere fans.

Positively speaking, Mike Gillis went into 'boss mode' today, after he learned that Lowe had plucked a highly touted FA right from under him. This CAN'T go unanswered. Let's just all think about how frustrated many of us were/are today, now imagine MG. Something is going to go down and we're all going to hear about it real soon.

With smooth handling of the Luongo situation, perhaps one other trade and a free agent or two we can get our mojo back. I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet - although I'm a little shaken, I'm not stirred. There's still a window for us and I'm going to gamble that Mike Gillis is not very happy with today's result. It's time for boss mode.

Oh and there's nothing wrong with 'hatin on The Oilers and Schultz. Just as long as its not personal. As far as him joining the competition and the competition putting on a ridiculous show. Forget them. Forget Schultz and Forget the Oilers. They can just go forget each other.

I'm more than willing to believe Gillis was the one who shut the door after Schulz asked for X-amount of ice time/reside in the top 4 pairing - a position you can't just sign in to with ZERO NHL experience. Starting to think we may have dodged a bullet here.

I'm more than willing to believe Gillis was the one who shut the door after Schulz asked for X-amount of ice time/reside in the top 4 pairing - a position you can't just sign in to with ZERO NHL experience. Starting to think we may have dodged a bullet here.

Archived