The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PLAN B

Special Ed

Are people seriously upset over this?

It would've been nice to get a free young prospect, no doubt. But this is a guy who would've been competing for ice time. Maybe he becomes a top 2 d-man in a few years, maybe he doesn't. With a team like the Canucks, I'd assume our GM is more focused on guys who can step in and make an impact now.

What's the plan B? I don't think we're even close to seeing plan A yet!

You had me until I read, "It's time for boss mode.." lol

I'm confident he'll make a some what impact-full move this off season, but I mean how long have we known him as our GM? I doubt we'll see any block buster trades, unless he decides to trade CS instead of Lu.

Are people seriously upset over this?

It would've been nice to get a free young prospect, no doubt. But this is a guy who would've been competing for ice time. Maybe he becomes a top 2 d-man in a few years, maybe he doesn't. With a team like the Canucks, I'd assume our GM is more focused on guys who can step in and make an impact now.

What's the plan B? I don't think we're even close to seeing plan A yet!

Gillis was right not to guarantee Schultz playing time or top 4, you have to earn it here in Vancouver.

To be honest don't you think Schultz has some nerve?

Schultz is now a player/coach in Edmonton, best wishes.

Also, in a few short years all the Oilers young stars will expect to be paid, then watch Edmonton trade off some of their young talent just the same as they have in the past.

You had me until I read, "It's time for boss mode.." lol

I'm confident he'll make a some what impact-full move this off season, but I mean how long have we known him as our GM? I doubt we'll see any block buster trades, unless he decides to trade CS instead of Lu.

Guest BuckFoston

Gillis was right not to guarantee Schultz playing time or top 4, you have to earn it here in Vancouver.

To be honest don't you think Schultz has some nerve?

Schultz is now a player/coach in Edmonton, best wishes.

Also, in a few short years all the Oilers young stars will expect to be paid, then watch Edmonton trade off some of their young talent just the same as they have in the past.

Justin Schultz: Hi Mr. Gillis, my name is justin schultz, my NHL experience is 0, my professional hockey experience is 0, but I would like to request the following from your 2 time defending presidents cup team and 1 year removed from game 7 of the stanley cup finals.

1. Top 4 ice time regardless of who gets shafted as a result of my request

2. PP ice time

3. Not having to play in the AHL

4. The maximum contracted permitted to me by the CBA

MG: hahaha, are you f*cking kidding me? Who do you think you are? You want to put yourself before the team? You should sign with Edmonton, I hear they like that mentality...

JS: Well, they did bring in Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey to talk with me about how terrific Edmonton is....

MG: Ya, that's great... When was the last time either of those players played for Edmonton?

JS: Umm, not sure, but they said it was awesome and they are both Hall of Famers...

MG: You know what Justin, you do what you want, but remember, karma is a real bitch and I KNOW that your parents are Canuck fans. I am going to give them free tickets to EDM vs Van games so they can hear you get booed everytime you come to Vancouver.

PS: Good luck trying to make the playoffs...

Archived