The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Cloutier, new assistant goalkeeper coach?

If you watch the interview video of Joe Cannata, they mention Dan Cloutier giving advice to the younger goalies.

Do you guys think he got a job with canucks or is this just for the prospect camp? The experience is there but we all remember all those goals from the blue line.

He's here helping out and is not available to the media.....so it says in the province article.

Former Canuck goalie Dan Cloutier was on the ice Friday working with Canuck goaltending prospects. Cloutier, who has worked as a goaltending coach for the OHL's Barrie Colts, was not made available for interviews on Friday. A team spokesman said he was attending the prospects camp in a support role.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Time+silence+prevail+Canucks+open+prospects+camp/6864263/story.html#ixzz1zKbUQVRQ

Hi Dan, good to see ya back in Raincouver! sad029.gif

Good for him.

I always respected Dan, all though he wasn't the best goalie we've ever had he was adequate.

I swear the more the years pass, the bigger the myth of how bad of a goalie he was grows. One incredibly bad goal and his career perception changes. Kinda similar to the Luogate (sorry for lack of a better term) situation we find ourselfs in. Luongo gets blamed for not bringing us the cup when our offense dried up in the finals and on the Cloutier side he gets blamed on not taking the Westcoast express era team to the glory land. Yup, it was all his fault we squandered a 3-1 series lead over the Wild!?

Anyways just had to get that off my chest. I'm sure he had a lot of good info to share with the young netminders. Physically and Mentally.

Good for him.

I always respected Dan, all though he wasn't the best goalie we've ever had he was adequate.

I swear the more the years pass, the bigger the myth of how bad of a goalie he was grows. One incredibly bad goal and his career perception changes. Kinda similar to the Luogate (sorry for lack of a better term) situation we find ourselfs in. Luongo gets blamed for not bringing us the cup when our offense dried up in the finals and on the Cloutier side he gets blamed on not taking the Westcoast express era team to the glory land. Yup, it was all his fault we squandered a 3-1 series lead over the Wild!?

Anyways just had to get that off my chest. I'm sure he had a lot of good info to share with the young netminders. Physically and Mentally.

He was a fantastic goaltender for us for years, and then had a rapid decline, with one high-profile bad goal. People are way too harsh on him.

For anyone posting the center ice goal and making beachball jokes: harrr, you're all funny with the jokes!

I think he'd make a great goaltending coach for our prospects.

Oops, I forgot that you had to be a Hall of Famer goalie with ne'er a bad highlight to be allowed to become an Assistant Goalie Coach. The guy was an NHL caliber goalie, guess what, that's more than enough.

To all of the users making fun of Cloutier... name how many games Ian Clark or Francois Allaire played in the NHL, to name a few. You don't need to be an amazing player to be a good coach, let alone an assistant. I'd love to have Cloutier added to the staff, for all his slip-ups, he always showed great intensity during his playing career which is something you like to see in a coach working with young prospects.

Archived