The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Cloutier, new assistant goalkeeper coach?

Just an assumption here, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of Cloutier bashers had never seen him play. They see the youtube video of the Lidstom goal ( check out some of Brodeurs bad goals while your at it), and the meltdown against the Wild in the playoffs (happens to alot of goalies -Luongo, Fleury, Roy, etc), and they jump all over the guy.

He was a very good goalie, not great, but definitely not bad. Injuries got the better of him.

While he played here, he was the only Canuck to live in Van year round, and one of the only players to repeatedly stick up for his teammates.

He was great in the locker room. If I was a betting man (I'm not), I'd say that he will be very successful as a coach.

2001–02 Vancouver Canucks NHL 62 31 22 5 — 3501 142 7 2.43 .901

2002–03 Vancouver Canucks NHL 57 33 16 7 — 3376 136 2 2.42 .908 2003–04 Vancouver Canucks NHL 60 33 21 6 — 3539 134 5 2.27 .914

Pretty good numbers in his best years. Not sure why people are laughing at this idea. But as someone above said, he did decline fast, very fast..

2001–02 Vancouver Canucks NHL 62 31 22 5 — 3501 142 7 2.43 .901

2002–03 Vancouver Canucks NHL 57 33 16 7 — 3376 136 2 2.42 .908 2003–04 Vancouver Canucks NHL 60 33 21 6 — 3539 134 5 2.27 .914

Pretty good numbers in his best years. Not sure why people are laughing at this idea. But as someone above said, he did decline fast, very fast..

I am sorry this is one Canuck that I cannot stand. This guy was a serious head case on the ice and fans bitch about Lou losing his concentration LMAO ! My most hated years were when this siv was in net. The only reason he ever won 30 games is because of the WCE ! He is probably an awesome individual in real life but on the ice he was lucky as hell. He must have payed the goal posts pretty good money during his time as Canuck. He invented the front belly flop FFS !

For your guys' information, Cloutier was not as bad as people claim he is. Before Luongo, he had the highest wins per season numbers for a few years running. He had heart too, would fight his own battles, LITERALLY. Those years we didnt have much of a defence either to rely on, and the ones we did have, were only offensively minded for the most part. So he did relatively well!

Archived