The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Doan Will Not Sign Anywhere Until Atleast July 8th

why does everyone want this guy?

Sure. He is Classy. But Doan isnt the same player anymore. He's 35...he isnt a solution.

We want YOUTH.

I'm sorry, but he is better suited for a team that needs a short term solution while it brings up its young guns.

Because he provides leadership, and a veteran presence to the room.

Plus at his age he still did the following last season:

9 points in 16 playoff games (including 5 goals including 2 game winners), +2, averaged over 20 minutes a game.

Regular Season: 50 points, -8 (ok not so hot) and 205 HITS!

I'd say even if he makes $5-7 million like Iginla, he'd be worth every penny.

From Allan Muir of SI.com:

"Captain Shane Doan told potential suitors, including Phoenix GM Don Maloney, he wouldn't make any decisions until after July 10, by which point the viability of Greg Jamison's bid to own the Coyotes should be determined. No doubt Doan would like to stay in Phoenix, but the likelihood of the desert drama finally closing by that point is low. I think he's gone. He'd like to return home to Edmonton, or latch on with Vancouver, a legitimate contender in need of some dependable grit."

why does everyone want this guy?

Sure. He is Classy. But Doan isnt the same player anymore. He's 35...he isnt a solution.

We want YOUTH.

I'm sorry, but he is better suited for a team that needs a short term solution while it brings up its young guns.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyotes/articles/20120702phoenix-coyotes-captain-shane-doan-decision-may-exceed-deadline.html#comments

From AZ republic...

I pray he doesn't leave, but don't blame him if he does... My guess will be either Vancouver or Chicago...

Dark horse is Edmonton... Give him a chance to finish his career back in Alberta. Lead a young team...

Archived