The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Doan Will Not Sign Anywhere Until Atleast July 8th

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but Doan will likely want to be close to Phoenix if he signs somewhere else since his family won't be moving with him. He also wants to win the cup. The Kings make the most sense. There are rumors that the Kings will make an offer especially since they lost out on Parise.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams

Penner-Richards-Carter

Gagne-Stoll-Doan

King-Fraser-Lewis

Spares: Richardson, Nolan, Clifford, Loktionov, Westgarth

That would be a hell of a lineup.

Burrows didn't show much chemistry with the Sedins down the stretch. He's getting old himself and quite frankly isn't big and physical enough in the playoffs, which is why we saw Booth playing with the twins and Bitz having so much success with them.

Doan is basically a rich-man's Burrows. More physical, better in front of the net and a much more skilled finisher. If Burrows can score 28 goals consistently with the twins, Doan can easily pot 30-35.

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen

Kassian - Malhotra - Raymond/Bitz

That's the best top-9 in the NHL and a lineup that's built for the playoffs, with a good amount of speed, toughness and skill on each line.

Wasn't Phoenix a cup contender? As I recall, they went to the 2nd round this season, no?

I would love Gillis to sign him up, but for some reason I have a hunch that a lot of needs are going to be met by a Lou trade and and I feel that is coming very soon. Pulling this out of my arse.

There's probably a 5% chance he leaves Pheonix. Then there's probably a 10% of that 5% chance he comes to Vancouver.

So, in my estimation, which is admittedly just based on speculation, there's about a 0.5% chance he comes to Vancouver.

Nothing like political correctness.

Doan would be a great fit. He would fill the need,(Kesler hasn't been enough), giving the Canucks a forward the doesn't take shi#t when he see's other players taking liberties with his team mates. I'm not talking fighting I'm talking spirit of aggression. It wears off on team mates.This I see Doan providing.

I think if the Canucks don't get Doan it won't be for not trying. They've know his status for a long time.,so I'm confident they're doing the best.

We wait.

I hate NO ONE. Therefore, I can not be racist.

I believe racial jokes are hilarious, because it is playing on differences between us.

By automatically taking offense to anything that identifies one race from another you actually perpetuate the divide between us all.

I think that if we could all just joke about ALL the differences we have without meaning or taking offense, then we'd be a lot closer to a world without racism.

A holocaust joke is racist. A joke about a cheap jew, if intended as a joke and without hate, is racial.

A slavery joke is racist. A joke about purple drink and fried chicken, if intended as a joke and without hate, is racial.

Get where I'm going?

I don't hate anyone, and racism means that hate is involved.

Now... insensitive... I might be.

note... this comment better not get me in trouble, because I don't think I crossed the line at all.

sub note... no hate!

Neither are Jews, but it's still "racist" to hate them.

Racism is now a much broader term. Really, there are only a handful of races.

I'll vouch for that. When Vansicle digests his turkey, ham, swiss, lettuce, thinly sliced tomato and red onion, light on the mayo, deli mustard on soudough (or multi-grain) - that which he then eliminates definitely is more credible than the aforementioned.

Archived