The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Doan Will Not Sign Anywhere Until Atleast July 8th

If we get Doan, I would keep Burrows on the top-line with Sedins but when it gets near the playoffs, put Doan with the Sedins, I think we need a stronger and more aggressive player playing with the Sedins during the playoffs in order for them to be effective. Since Burrows isn't that strong, we have a trio of soft players which make it easy to shutdown.

If we get Doan, I would keep Burrows on the top-line with Sedins but when it gets near the playoffs, put Doan with the Sedins, I think we need a stronger and more aggressive player playing with the Sedins during the playoffs in order for them to be effective. Since Burrows isn't that strong, we have a trio of soft players which make it easy to shutdown.

A return to the Peg must be on Shane's mind if he decides to leave Phoenix. But at 35, he has little left on his career and I hope he'd like to play for a contender in a Canadian market, which is us.

Also, it doesn't hurt that Doan hates the LA Kings and Dustin Brown, and that the Canucks probably have the best chance at dethroning the Kings next year in the playoffs from the Western Conference. If Doan wants his revenge, this is where he can get it. If Doan wants his Stanley Cup, this is where he has the best chance to get it in the Canadian market.

I hope there's enough incentive for Doan to bypass Winnepeg and come to Vancouver if he decides to leave Phoenix and come to a Canadian market.

people seem to thinks it between van and phx and have already penciled doan into the lineup

but lets look at the facts

Doan wants to win and he wants to stay close to his family

so lets look at who fits the bill

california teams come to mind

imo its one of the following

LA

SJ

PHX

DAL

people seem to thinks it between van and phx and have already penciled doan into the lineup

but lets look at the facts

Doan wants to win and he wants to stay close to his family

so lets look at who fits the bill

california teams come to mind

imo its one of the following

LA

SJ

PHX

DAL

A return to the Peg must be on Shane's mind if he decides to leave Phoenix. But at 35, he has little left on his career and I hope he'd like to play for a contender in a Canadian market, which is us.

Also, it doesn't hurt that Doan hates the LA Kings and Dustin Brown, and that the Canucks probably have the best chance at dethroning the Kings next year in the playoffs from the Western Conference. If Doan wants his revenge, this is where he can get it. If Doan wants his Stanley Cup, this is where he has the best chance to get it in the Canadian market.

I hope there's enough incentive for Doan to bypass Winnepeg and come to Vancouver if he decides to leave Phoenix and come to a Canadian market.

Yeah, and the flight from Vancouver to Phoenix is direct and quick.

If Doan leaves, he will go to a team that gives him a shot at the cup.

LA is really the only team close to Phoenix that gives him that option, and I doubt they have much chance of repeating.

San Jose is not what it used to be, although they are still good.

To be honest, Edmonton might make a pitch for him, and there are direct flights from here to Phoenix as well.

Obviously I hope he signs with the Canucks, but I wouldn't be surprised if he signs in Edmonton.

Archived