The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Doan Will Not Sign Anywhere Until Atleast July 8th

Because he provides leadership, and a veteran presence to the room.

Plus at his age he still did the following last season:

9 points in 16 playoff games (including 5 goals including 2 game winners), +2, averaged over 20 minutes a game.

Regular Season: 50 points, -8 (ok not so hot) and 205 HITS!

I'd say even if he makes $5-7 million like Iginla, he'd be worth every penny.

why does everyone want this guy? Sure. He is Classy. But Doan isnt the same player anymore. He's 35...he isnt a solution. We want YOUTH. I'm sorry, but he is better suited for a team that needs a short term solution while it brings up its young guns.

Wow. I have always been a fan of Shane. Hes everything I admire in a hockey player, on and off the ice. I feel for him because I think he has been loyal to the franchise his whole adult life and if they cant get it done, I would be very excited to see him in a Canuck uniform.

He would be a great influence in the locker room and a terrific infusion on the second or third line.

Can't see him in a Canucks uniform. We have plenty of forwards capable of playing in the top-6 in the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Booth, Higgins, Raymond and Hansen as well as Kassian and Jensen who may emerge soon.

Besides, we need centers now. It would be nice to be this stacked:

Sedin (35) - Sedin (15) - Doan (30)

Booth (25) - Kesler (25) - Higgins (20)

Burrows (20) - Lapierre (10) - Hansen (20)

Raymond (15) - Malhotra (5) - Kassian (10)

The twins would probably turn him into an instant 30 goal scorer, Burrows would drop down to the low 20's, but with Hansen getting better every season our 3rd line could easily pot 50 goals. That's around 230 goals from our forwards which is considered quite high from any team. Chip in another 30-40 from our defence and we're looking like an offensive juggernaut once again.

JLumme...nothing ever proven... classless is someone perpetuating rumours without any facts

Wonder if Bettman gave Doan a call right after he announced his intensions?

"Hey Shane, Gary here,

WTF are you doing? my dream is for the team to stay. Things are not looking good and if you jump ship it will fall apart even faster.

I'll speak with Don and get you whatever raise you need to stay in the desert!" "Pretty please"

I'm slowly warming up to the idea of Doan playing on our second line, but at a reasonable price. 4.5M per, max 2 years.

But in addition to the imminent Luongo trade and hopefully some cap relief there, here is to hoping Gillis would move Malhotra and his $2.5M somewhere else so we can make a few more adjustments.

Racist against....  the french??

That's like throwing white slurs around.  Do you really think it hurt any feelings?

Besides...  who DOESN'T like to razz the french?

If Lapierre or Burrows played on another team you'd bet I'd want Kesler making fun of their accents while asking them to surrender.

Everyone is racist..to some degree..c'mon..who wouldn't want Doan? Who cares if he's classy or not, he's demonstrated that he's still consistent. He's a community guy and the Canucks like that. If we got capspace, might as well use it.

How many years did Doan travel to Euroland for Team Canada. Season after season he showed up and stood out. It would not surprise me that Van would be on his list. He could be on a team that brings the CUP back to Canada. What a way to wind up your career. No other Canadian city can offer that opportunity other than Ottawa. We all know that won't work because that city is infested with those Frenchies.

How many years did Doan travel to Euroland for Team Canada. Season after season he showed up and stood out. It would not surprise me that Van would be on his list. He could be on a team that brings the CUP back to Canada. What a way to wind up your career. No other Canadian city can offer that opportunity other than Ottawa. We all know that won't work because that city is infested with those Frenchies.

Archived