The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Footage] Nail Yakupov at Oilers Development Camp

With all the hype surrounding this year's first-overall pick, and with some comparisons being made to Alexander Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, and even Pavel Bure, it's very difficult not to be excited about Nail Yakupov's first year in the National Hockey League. Nail's combination of incredible speed, agility, and acceleration, as well as his tremendous release and dynamic skill set, are going to allow him a great opportunity to compete for this year's Calder Trophy and perhaps be a star in the near future.

This week, Edmontonians had their first opportunity to see Nail at the Oilers' development camp. The group went through numerous drills, including numerous skating and shooting drills. I wanted to share this with everyone here so that we can get a better sense of what to expect from the kid who idolized Pavel Bure as a child. The Oilers begin their season this year in Vancouver on October 13 -- who knows what we'll see from Nail Yakupov on opening night.

He wears #64 in the video.

Couldn't really tell a whole heap from that. I'm sure he isn't but it looked like in a few of those drills he wasn't even being serious. Hes gonna be a fantastic player though no doubt. Great speed!

They are rubbing it in too, by posting this garbage into a Canucks forum. Is this footage also being shown in AVs, Minnesota and Calgary site? If not, I'll be pissed.

i have a feeling hall or nuge will be the odd men out. consider trading them for D down the line.

yakupov will be their malkin. i made a point of going to sarnia for a few games this year to see him and galchenyuk, i've seen this guy play enough to be comfortable saying that. he'll score 30+ this year.

Archived