The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Florida Signs Scott Clemmensen

i wouldnt mind a schneider/theodore tandem theo is still solid and i dont think its a good idea to give cory 70+ starts in his first full season..could imagine theo getting 20-25 startslui/clemmensen would be also a good tandem ..markstrom may needs one more zear in the minors..and well he has to stay healthy

The Clemmensen signing does not indicate that Florida is not going to acquire Luongo - he is the guy they are likely to keep as their backup. Theodore only has a year left on his contract. If anything this signing is a good sign - it means that they think Markstrom is at least two years from NHL ready. It may also indicate they don't see Brodeur as a likely option - if they sign him they have three guys under contract in addition to Clemmensen - if they acquire Luongo, there is a good chance they send Theodore back the other way (they could still move Theodore in a separate move, but the Clemmensen signing really doesn't effect their interest in Luongo).

Wow what a wonderful argument you've made there. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it's not necessarily true I'm just saying we don't know what is true and what is garbage. Presenting it as anything but bull**** assumptions based on nothing substantial is foolish. Again...that doesn't mean it's not true it just means that you don't really have any clue if Luongo "asked" for a trade (and in fact there's no real info out there that says he has) and you also have no clue what Schneider is assuming. Schneider may be expecting something based on what he was told in negotiations but we don't know that either...do we?

Archived