The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks to be quiet today, no signings expected

So far looks like we aren't gonna do jack. I've been hoping Gillis would pull off some trades with teams who lost players and have holes to fill(like columbus did with ottawa) but I guess that's too much to ask. I have a hard time believing the sens wouldn't be interested in ballard, his pricetag is a steal compared to what's similar players are signing for.

Canucks are honestly not contenders right now. After making it to the SCF, last year other teams got better around us and we didn't really do anything. This year, same thing, except our core is aging.

Our defense is always one injury away from becoming useless, which yes, you can say for most teams, but we don't even -have- star defenders. We just lose one average guy and our defense turns to swiss cheese.

Our forwards are clearly incapable of getting it done on crunch time. One of the lowest scoring teams on the Boston run with a pathetic showing of goal scoring in the finals and 3 of the 4 rounds. And obviously inept against LA.

Our window has honestly come and gone, if nothing is added or changed. Our current forward setup is not good enough, and we don't have the defense needed. Our lack of a true puck moving defensemen really hinders the type of 'style' AV has set up for our D to always be pinching in. We do it all the time, yet most of our D sucks at it. Need a big name forward or at the very least a D, but I am pretty sure that even a D is not enough at this point, our offense is what sucks.

Wouldn't be surprised if Gillis breaks the silence by signing this Baranka euro guy.. I like that he's not too desperate to offer big money to get good players like Sather do. This team might be considered a contender, but teams are getting better, and we are not. We need at least a solid top 4 d-man and a good proven top6 forward.

We have over 10 ???? million up to the cap, come on Gillis!!

Do people not seem to realize that 75% of the free agents are still out there...

How can you already say we're doing nothing 5 hours into free agency?

Name one of the other top teams in the West that have done anything significant to put them over the top.

It seems like people think that Gillis has the power to just pick up the phone and call someone, and they'll sign here. But in reality there's 29 other teams calling that same player trying to sign them. It's not easy, and I definitely don't envy him right now.

Canucks are honestly not contenders right now. After making it to the SCF, last year other teams got better around us and we didn't really do anything. This year, same thing, except our core is aging.

Our defense is always one injury away from becoming useless, which yes, you can say for most teams, but we don't even -have- star defenders. We just lose one average guy and our defense turns to swiss cheese.

Our forwards are clearly incapable of getting it done on crunch time. One of the lowest scoring teams on the Boston run with a pathetic showing of goal scoring in the finals and 3 of the 4 rounds. And obviously inept against LA.

Our window has honestly come and gone, if nothing is added or changed. Our current forward setup is not good enough, and we don't have the defense needed. Our lack of a true puck moving defensemen really hinders the type of 'style' AV has set up for our D to always be pinching in. We do it all the time, yet most of our D sucks at it. Need a big name forward or at the very least a D, but I am pretty sure that even a D is not enough at this point, our offense is what sucks.

Do people not seem to realize that 75% of the free agents are still out there...

Name one of the other top teams in the West that have done anything significant to put them over the top.

It seems like people think that Gillis has the power to just pick up the phone and call someone, and they'll sign here. But in reality there's 29 other teams calling that same player trying to sign them. It's not easy, and I definitely don't envy him right now.

it's not the top teams, it's the one that just missed last year filling what they needed to get there this season. Look at the Kings, where did the end up??? No one really expected them to win it all. It's those team the Canucks needed to watch for that are signing players today.

How could there be two F#%@ing reports both saying "Oh, Canucks going to busy" and "Oh, Canucks going to quiet" .. Like wtf? This actually shows that people are just taking shots in the dark it's BS . I just want to know a straight forward answer on what Canucks are going to be doing!

Archived